This is a list of known issues that builders encounter when assembling and operating their bitx kit.
Description: When closing the PTT switch, a very loud and short "pop" (or "squeal", "click", "screech", etc) comes through the audio output.
Root cause: ??? Something about the relay not switching fast enough?
- (partial solution) 1N4148 diode between the transmit supply line and pin 7 of the lm386
- Various PTT mute circuits (see above links)
Low Volume oscillations
Description: At low volume, very loud oscillations occur on the audio output
Root Cause: ??? Something to do with the audio amplifier.
- Different speakers (4 ohm, 16 ohm, ??)
- Replacement potentiometer
- Removing some SMD parts (?!)
- Trimming wires, twisting wires away from board
- Use shielded cable from board to potentiometer
- Installing capacitor across the LM386 audio amplifier
Template For New Issue
Description: <one sentence description of issue here>
- Links to threads in this group
Root Cause: <one or two sentences describing the cause of the problem, if known>
- List of proposed solutions