Topics

WSTX/Cat control after multiple attempts frequency Red 0.000.000

Mark Hatch

Hi,

Just got my ubitx working with a single USB cable and internal hub with usb sound card. No problem making QSO's and signal reports are fine.

I am running the latest CEC software and Omnirig too.

"Occasionally", after lots of attempts to contact another station, (i.e. WSJT watchdog is about to go off), the frequency displayed in WSJT changes to "0.000.000" and is of course in "Red" indicating that WSJT is not happy with the frequency. However, the frequency on my ubitx remains correct and I have even completed a QSO in such a situation (had to fix the logbook entry afterwards)

I am guessing it is sometime of timeout error. I currently have Omnirig set at FT-817 with Poll of 500ms and Timeout of 4000ms.

Anybody else seen this issue and have a suggestion on a solution?

Thanks

73
Mark
AJ6CU

Doug W

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 12:00 PM, Mark Hatch wrote:
I am running the latest CEC software and Omnirig too.
Have you tried removing Omnirig from the equation?  I am using CAT control direct in WSJT and have never experienced the problem you describe.  I realize "It works for me" is typically a useless and frustrating response but other than Omnirig it sounds like our setups are similar.  I'm a fan of removing one variable at a time when troubleshooting.

--
www.bitxmap.com

Mark Hatch

Doug,

Good suggestion. Haven't seen the error in last 12 hours since I changed Split operation to None in WSJT. Although I am using Log40M and it likes to know that VFO, it really doesn't have too... (That is the reason for the use of Omnirig, but could also create a virtual port too.)

73
Mark