Topics

WSJT-X Split Operations #ubitx #ft8

brucefrantz@...

Does anyone use the "Rig" Split operation in WSJT-X for FT8?  I have the KD8CEC v1.1 firmware.  When I have rig split control enabled the frequency increases by 1kHz every transmit cycle.  For instance, when I start out on 20m band I will start out listening at 14.074MHz, when I enable transmit frequency goes up to 14.075, then receive stays at 14.075 for the next receive period.  Next cycle again, frequency increases 1kHz to 14.076 and stays there for 1 receive period and the cycle repeats forever.

Is this a bug with either WSJT-X or the v1.1 firmware? Or do I have my settings messed up on the uBitx?

The "Fake It" setting seems to work as expected.  During transmit it raises and lowers frequency as needed during transmit and then it is set back to 14.074.

Thanks,
K2BWF

roger wincer

Bruce...I have had the same problem. So have disabled "split" on the WSJTX software and all is okay now. I have used the "split" facility before on another rig with no problem.
There appears to be a problem with the CEC software regarding all uses of "split" or "RIT". I have noticed when using "Split" VFOs in that, the receive VFO after the first transmission becomes the same value as the transmit VFO. This is also the case with RIT.
Has anyone else seen this? I have seen it with ver 1.08  and 1.1
Roger ZL2RX

W2CTX

I believe CEC "split" has been incorrectly coded since day one.

rOn

On November 7, 2018 at 1:35 PM roger wincer <zedl2rx@...> wrote:

Bruce...I have had the same problem. So have disabled "split" on the WSJTX software and all is okay now. I have used the "split" facility before on another rig with no problem.
There appears to be a problem with the CEC software regarding all uses of "split" or "RIT". I have noticed when using "Split" VFOs in that, the receive VFO after the first transmission becomes the same value as the transmit VFO. This is also the case with RIT.
Has anyone else seen this? I have seen it with ver 1.08  and 1.1
Roger ZL2RX

Jim Sheldon

You posted this on the 8th. I didn't get it until this morning - something's going on with groups.io as their emails are delayed anywhere from 1 to 5 days lately. Tim Gorman was complaining about the same thing. May just be our ISP (we are both on the same one) and the way groups.io sends email. Funny though, 4SQRP is also on groups.io and their stuff arrives just fine and on time.

Jim

I believe CEC "split" has been incorrectly coded since day one.

rOn
On November 7, 2018 at 1:35 PM roger wincer <zedl2rx@...> wrote:

Bruce...I have had the same problem. So have disabled "split" on the WSJTX software and all is okay now. I have used the "split" facility before on another rig with no problem.
There appears to be a problem with the CEC software regarding all uses of "split" or "RIT". I have noticed when using "Split" VFOs in that, the receive VFO after the first transmission becomes the same value as the transmit VFO. This is also the case with RIT.
Has anyone else seen this? I have seen it with ver 1.08 and 1.1
Roger ZL2RX

_Dave_ AD0B

I run split as fake it on wsjtx. The display does drop if I am at the low end of the band. But get a lot of contacts. The literature that I have read about wsjtx says split is the preferred mode.

dwhacks

I know this is a super old thread, but does anyone know anything about fixing the split mode with KD8CEC firmware? Or am I not understanding something. When using Rig split mode in WSJT-X, VFO a becomes the same as VFO B after transmit.