Topics

What a solution for Smeter?

Gerard

Hello,
Is there a solution to the problem of Smeter that is either zero or full? That is my case.
On hamskey I saw many cases, but no answer.
We are talking about a connection on the A7 of the arduino (Foot 11), but since I have a homemade, I do not see where this wire should then go?
>> I think it's for analog device.
Otherwise I was told to select in the soft the IC2meter, But is it time to install a second screen?
or simply select IC2meter with only one Nextion??
It's confused...
If you have an answer, I’m interested
My version is CEC 1.2 see picture. it's the NX file, not NX_S

here the file info:
http://www.hamskey.com/2018/04/various-lcd-support-in-ubitx-with.html

thank you

Jonas Sanamon

Hi Gerald,

You can add another Nano with the DSPmeter code without adding extra Nextion screens. Just connect it between Radiuno and Nextion.

Regards, Jonas - SM4VEY

Den tis 13 okt. 2020 kl 20:44 skrev Gerard <kabupos@...>:

Hello,
Is there a solution to the problem of Smeter that is either zero or full? That is my case.
On hamskey I saw many cases, but no answer.
We are talking about a connection on the A7 of the arduino (Foot 11), but since I have a homemade, I do not see where this wire should then go?
>> I think it's for analog device.
Otherwise I was told to select in the soft the IC2meter, But is it time to install a second screen?
or simply select IC2meter with only one Nextion??
It's confused...
If you have an answer, I’m interested
My version is CEC 1.2 see picture. it's the NX file, not NX_S

here the file info:

thank you

Gerard

Hello alll, Hello Jonas

Yes I know that "we can add a nano and a 2nd Nextion".
The basic question is: "how to operate the Smeter on the main Nextion". If there is only one Nextion to manage the complete radio. There has to be a solution, I think.
Is it hardware or software???Paraméter, another version Hex?
I think the question must have been asked. But I can’t find anything in the Wiki or on the forum. Only on hamskey, but no specific answer.
Thanks for the return

Jonas Sanamon

Hi Gerard,

No, I think You misunderstood me. You do *NOT* need a second Nextion in order to use the extra Nano.
The extra Nano is connected to the 1st Nano in parallel with the Nextion.   See the description at KD8CEC site http://www.hamskey.com/2018/07/standalone-signal-analyzer-i2c-type_29.html

image.png

Cheers, Jonas

Den ons 14 okt. 2020 kl 07:17 skrev Gerard <kabupos@...>:

Hello alll, Hello Jonas

Yes I know that "we can add a nano and a 2nd Nextion".
The basic question is: "how to operate the Smeter on the main Nextion". If there is only one Nextion to manage the complete radio. There has to be a solution, I think.
Is it hardware or software???Paraméter, another version Hex?
I think the question must have been asked. But I can’t find anything in the Wiki or on the forum. Only on hamskey, but no specific answer.
Thanks for the return
_._,_._,

Gerard

Hello Jonas,
Okay, I get it,

it will be necessary to add a nano + connect the 5 wires, so I think to add mass and alim for the nano, resistances and capacitor.
The capacitor must be connected to VOL HIGH, is this the strongest point of the volume, or the middle point of the potentiometer. A priori since it is high it does not seem logical that it is the point where the sound signal is strongest of the potentiometer.
Is there an soft to load on the nano or does it serve a bit like a calculator?
Thank you for your help.
cdt

Jonas Sanamon

Hi Gerard,

You need to connect the 2nd nano's input to the VOL-high connection as in the drawing (the max signal), not the middle as that has a signal that varies with volume pot position.
Yes, You have to program the second nano with the DSP-meter sketch https://github.com/phdlee/dspmeterv1   (I can't find a precompiled version at the moment, but if You want I can send it to You later if You don't want to compile it yourself)

I suspect that I attached the wrong drawing in my previous email, please see http://www.hamskey.com/2018/07/standalone-signal-analyzer-i2c-type_29.html and follow instructions and drawings provided there. I have the 2nd Nano in series with the Nextion so it supports the DSP-meter functions on the Nextion.

Regards, Jonas

Den ons 14 okt. 2020 kl 09:02 skrev Gerard <kabupos@...>:

Hello Jonas,
Okay, I get it,

it will be necessary to add a nano + connect the 5 wires, so I think to add mass and alim for the nano, resistances and capacitor.
The capacitor must be connected to VOL HIGH, is this the strongest point of the volume, or the middle point of the potentiometer. A priori since it is high it does not seem logical that it is the point where the sound signal is strongest of the potentiometer.
Is there an soft to load on the nano or does it serve a bit like a calculator?
Thank you for your help.
cdt
_._,_._,_

Vic WA4THR

You can have an S-meter without the 2nd nano with the version of CEC that you have, but you need to build a simple amplifier to take the audio from the high side of the volume pot to drive a diode and capacitor circuit. That 0-5v (or less) output feeds to A7 on the nano. You then can use the Memory Manager program to calibrate the S-meter at different voltage levels. It even has a way to automatically program, but I found it better to use my own numbers so that the readings matched what I saw on other radios. The descriptions are applicable to all displays, including the Nextion, that are supported by the CEC sketch.

Here is the description of a simple sensor circuit:
http://www.hamskey.com/2018/06/creating-simple-s-meter-sensor-for.html#more

Here is how to calibrate the meter with the MM program:
http://www.hamskey.com/2018/05/setting-smeter-to-ubitx-with-cec.html#more

=Vic=

Gerard

Hello,
Thank you all for your explanations
As soon as I finish my tests I will keep you informed
I don’t know who is updating the Wiki, but it would be nice to do it because I think there have been a lot of questions about it
Have a good day
cdt

Gerard

Hello Vic, Hello all
This day I added on my PCB where there was a little room for the LM358 circuit and its components, this to make the smeter work. It doesn’t take up a lot of space, as you can see on the pictures.
Tomorrow I test and install the amplifier in the other corner of the map, it’s just to install it.
Cdt

Vic WA4THR

Very nice, I like how you fit it on the board, Gerard.

=Vic=

Gerard

Hello,

i have found this video for Smeter adjustment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOyOAcvnq_8

cdt