Topics

Weird CAT behavior in SSB mode change


Rafael Diniz
 

Hi all,

Have you realized that CAT commands to change the mode to USB or LSB,
when in VFO_B, it goes back to VFO_A and does not change the mode? And
the screen gets a small freeze.

When in VFO_A, all seems to work fine.

Rafael


Reed N
 

What software version are you running?


Reed


_Dave_ AD0B
 

Weird control problems can be cause by common mode RF. 
--
73
Dave
ADOB
Raduino bracket and Ham_Made_Keys


Rafael Diniz
 

I was trying to fix in my branch (fork from Farhan latest version), but
I don't know if at 3am I was already misbehaving (and I made other
changes too):
https://github.com/DigitalHERMES/ubitxv6

Prior, I took 2h to realize why I was not able to talk to ubitxv6 serial
just after I opened the device-file on Linux... had to put a sleep(2)
between the open and the actual first write:
https://github.com/DigitalHERMES/ubitxv6/blob/master/tools/ubitx_controller.c

But all good, I think I understand now how the firmware works.

Rafael

On 1/14/21 4:31 AM, Reed N wrote:
What software version are you running?


Reed


Rafael Diniz
 

Reed, this is your fork, right?
https://github.com/reedbn/ubitxv6/

Rafael

On 1/14/21 4:31 AM, Reed N wrote:
What software version are you running?


Reed


Reed N
 

Yep, that's it. If you find issues with CAT stuff on it, definitely send a PR my way!


Reed


Rafael Diniz
 

Thanks for your fork, I think I'll re-base my fork on top of yours. The
interface is sooo smooth. I'll test everything again with your fork.
; )

Rafael

On 1/14/21 9:49 PM, Reed N wrote:
Yep, that's it. If you find issues with CAT stuff on it, definitely
send a PR my way!


Reed


Rafael Diniz
 

Hi Reed,

I don't know why you reordered the calls in setup(), but for me when
initPorts();
is after Display and touch setup - arduino freezes, when I activate A6
and A7 as INPUT in initPort().

PlacinginitPorts(); just after initSettings(); solves my problem.

Rafael

On 1/14/21 9:49 PM, Reed N wrote:
Yep, that's it. If you find issues with CAT stuff on it, definitely
send a PR my way!


Reed


Rafael Diniz
 

Btw Reed, I also could not successfully change SSB over cat with your
firmware - the same I use for Farhan's. Should be my problem...

Rafael

On 1/15/21 1:50 PM, Rafael Diniz wrote:
Hi Reed,

I don't know why you reordered the calls in setup(), but for me when
initPorts();
is after Display and touch setup - arduino freezes, when I activate A6
and A7 as INPUT in initPort().

PlacinginitPorts(); just after initSettings(); solves my problem.

Rafael

On 1/14/21 9:49 PM, Reed N wrote:
Yep, that's it. If you find issues with CAT stuff on it, definitely
send a PR my way!


Reed




Reed N
 

Hi Rafael,

I don't think you should be setting A6 and A7 as inputs at all. They aren't normal pins (they're ADC only), so they don't have the same options/routines as the other pins do. I'm actually a little surprised it doesn't crash if you are making init calls on the A6/A7 pins, but that might be a case of the A6/A7 pin setup routines breaking stuff, but then the subsequent calls fixing it again or something.

I haven't had any trouble changing side band modes, and re-confirmed that just now. Did you use the settings shown in the manual I wrote? https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jlllZbvFMCzO1MJLzlJDGb10HXSehlFNMDPsxGJZtvY/edit#


Reed


Rafael Diniz
 

Hi Reed,

The pins are working fine (after reverting the init order like Farhan's
firmare).

I'm writing my own code to talk to the radio over serial [1], and the
same that works with official firmware, does not work with yours, but it
should be my problem... not addressing different delays needed by
different firmware.

[1]
https://github.com/DigitalHERMES/ubitxv6/blob/master/tools/ubitx_controller.c

Rafael

On 1/17/21 5:41 PM, Reed N wrote:
Hi Rafael,

I don't think you should be setting A6 and A7 as inputs at all. They
aren't normal pins (they're ADC only), so they don't have the same
options/routines as the other pins do. I'm actually a little surprised
it doesn't crash if you are making init calls on the A6/A7 pins, but
that might be a case of the A6/A7 pin setup routines breaking stuff,
but then the subsequent calls fixing it again or something.

I haven't had any trouble changing side band modes, and re-confirmed
that just now. Did you use the settings shown in the manual I wrote?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jlllZbvFMCzO1MJLzlJDGb10HXSehlFNMDPsxGJZtvY/edit#


Reed


Rafael Diniz
 

CAT is working Reed, I think I was just coding tired. Your firmware is
great!

Rafael

On 1/17/21 5:41 PM, Reed N wrote:
Hi Rafael,

I don't think you should be setting A6 and A7 as inputs at all. They
aren't normal pins (they're ADC only), so they don't have the same
options/routines as the other pins do. I'm actually a little surprised
it doesn't crash if you are making init calls on the A6/A7 pins, but
that might be a case of the A6/A7 pin setup routines breaking stuff,
but then the subsequent calls fixing it again or something.

I haven't had any trouble changing side band modes, and re-confirmed
that just now. Did you use the settings shown in the manual I wrote?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jlllZbvFMCzO1MJLzlJDGb10HXSehlFNMDPsxGJZtvY/edit#


Reed


Reed N
 

Glad to hear it!


Reed