Topics

Wattmeter kit on eBay

Mike Reed

I received a kit from eBay that looks interesting and useful. It is an "QRPoMETER Digital 15w QRP wattmeter/ Dummy Load/ VSWR meter. It is $50 plus shipping. Used thru hole parts and a few SMD resistor componets. Docs included. Case is PC boards.
Link is https://www.ebay.com/itm/QRPoMeter-Digital-15W-QRP-Wattmeter-Dummy-Load-VSWR-Meter-Kit/254359954684?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
Might be useful for diagnostic or daily use.
 I did include some pics to give an idea of what it is. Sorry for the quality, I am not a picture person.
 73
 Mike - N7ZEF

Roy Appleton

Interesting, looks like someone is selling the old kit that 4 States QRP Group used to sell. Designed by David Cripe.

Roy
WA0YMH

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019, 8:44 PM Mike Reed <n7zef@...> wrote:
I received a kit from eBay that looks interesting and useful. It is an "QRPoMETER Digital 15w QRP wattmeter/ Dummy Load/ VSWR meter. It is $50 plus shipping. Used thru hole parts and a few SMD resistor componets. Docs included. Case is PC boards.
Link is https://www.ebay.com/itm/QRPoMeter-Digital-15W-QRP-Wattmeter-Dummy-Load-VSWR-Meter-Kit/254359954684?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
Might be useful for diagnostic or daily use.
 I did include some pics to give an idea of what it is. Sorry for the quality, I am not a picture person.
 73
 Mike - N7ZEF

Zachary Ledbetter

I have used one of these for over 2 years!  Just be very careful regarding the polarity when connecting the display as it not protected.  I installed a connector between the display and the board to allow easy disassembly.

One segment on the display went out after a few months and I replaced it during home distractions and discovered the hard way about the lack of polarity protection.  Ordered another display and all has been working well!

I have several QRP transceivers and always use device.  The built in dummy load and SWR bridge make tuning stress free.  I most often use a magloop and the SWR prevents PA damage during tuning.

Karl Heinz Kremer, K5KHK

Look at the seller information, and you will find NM0S - it is actually him selling the kits.
--
Karl Heinz - K5KHK

Don--AE4DW

I purchased and built one, very happy with it. Good support from the seller, had a minor issue with calibration, made a minor component change based on the seller's guidance, and that took care of the issue.

Gerry Kavanagh

Nice, but holy crap $25 shipping to Ireland!

Hi Gerry,

He has his own store too (look him up on QRZ) so it might be cheaper for shipping than eBay because he uses their stupid "Global Shipping Program" which charges handling and over-charges for customs duties and adds extra time for shipping because the package has to go through their depot where they are all opened and inspected.

73,

Mark.

Michael Walker

$25 sounds fair for shipping.

I have paid more shipping for smaller items, and I also have the same meter by the way.

Do not forget the shipping  includes more than just the postage on the box there’s time, materials, the packing and whatever the rush shipping cost but it’s charged.

The test go online and calculate how much it would be to send a similar size box to someone in the US from your QTH. Just pull an address from QRZ and see what it comes up as.

I often use W1AW as a test.

His shipping costs are certainly cheaper than you grabbing a plane ticket renting a car driving over to his place and then picking it up. :-)

Mike va3mw

On Nov 20, 2019, at 8:55 AM, Gerry Kavanagh via Groups.Io <gerrykav@...> wrote:

Nice, but holy crap $25 shipping to Ireland!

Viktors Miske

He has a site on Tinder also. Maybe check rates from there...
https://www.tindie.com/products/NM0S_qrp/qrpometer/

Gerry Kavanagh

Hi Michael...
I do ship items worldwide already. I ship 100mm x 100mm PCBs anywhere in the world for €2.50
I can ship a package of <=500g (1lb) which I would imagine is a good bit more than this item, for as little as €9, and €17 for fully tracked, priority, fully insured signed-for delivery. The cost for 250g is about €3 cheaper.
/ Gerry

Gerry Kavanagh

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 05:13 PM, Viktors Miske wrote:
https://www.tindie.com/products/NM0S_qrp/qrpometer/
Hi Viktors...
Checked Tindie, and it's even higher!

/ Gerry

Michael Walker

That’s impressive

I can’t ship a circuitboard like that across the street here in Toronto for anyone near that price.

There is also a difference depending on your business model and if you want to make a few dollars or you are giving back to the amateur community and money is not important.

Mike

On Nov 21, 2019, at 3:54 AM, Gerry Kavanagh via Groups.Io <gerrykav@...> wrote:

Hi Michael...
I do ship items worldwide already. I ship 100mm x 100mm PCBs anywhere in the world for €2.50
I can ship a package of <=500g (1lb) which I would imagine is a good bit more than this item, for as little as €9, and €17 for fully tracked, priority, fully insured signed-for delivery. The cost for 250g is about €3 cheaper.
/ Gerry

Don--AE4DW

I'm no expert on international shipping, but would be curious if the rate is just as high to neighboring countries. If not, if maybe it has something to do with specific shipping to Ireland, possibly a friend/acquaintance in a "lower shipping cost" country could help you out.

My guess is, its expensive to all of Europe, but should be easy to confirm.

Norbert Witt, DH5JW

Take a look at this site:

https://www.radio-kits.co.uk/

73 Norbert DH5JW
--
Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android Mobiltelefon mit WEB.DE Mail gesendet.