Topics

VK4PP ultimate add-on boards #ubitx

Jeroen Bastemeijer

Dear all,

I was looking for information on the VK4PP ultimate add-on boards. According to VK4PP's site it would be made available. However, I'm not able to find it... Can someone give me a pointer?

The information I'm looking for are Gerbers or other design files, schematic diagram, bill of materials, etc.

Thank you, best 73 Jeroen PE1RGE

Rene

Tja Jeroen, wat ik je zeg is dikke pech😉
https://vk4pp.blogspot.com/?m=1
Het lijkt erop dat hij ermee gestopt is...
Groet,Rene
Hoofddorp

Cor Beijersbergen

His last emails to this group were on 14/5/19 and 20/6/19. Both gave the impression that he would order new boards. After that, nothing.

I would like to have these boards as well.

73, Cor PA4Q

From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> On Behalf Of Jeroen Bastemeijer
Sent: Wednesday, 2 September 2020 13:26
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: [BITX20] VK4PP ultimate add-on boards #ubitx

Dear all,

I was looking for information on the VK4PP ultimate add-on boards. According to VK4PP's site it would be made available. However, I'm not able to find it... Can someone give me a pointer?

The information I'm looking for are Gerbers or other design files, schematic diagram, bill of materials, etc.

Gerry Kavanagh

Hi Jeroen...
I have emailed Nick a few times in the last year and received no replies, so I guess he is otherwise occupied.
From my standpoint, while the Ultimate add-on board is a nice all-in-one solution, what it does can be easily achieved using stand-alone modules, and, IMO, with better results.

The LPF filter bank is not really necessary. If you have a v4 or previous, spurs and relay blow-by can be greatly reduced by doing Raj's inductor mod and replacing the relays with better spec'd units.

The mic pre-amp is available as a stand-alone module from eBay for <$5. Ihave gotten a few, and they are decent, but are susceptible to overfrive as they are *very* gainy. I would keep the compression level quite low to avoid this.

VK3YE's AGC is a good design, but works on the audio chain, so doesn't prevent overload in the IF stages. The Kit-Projects unit is better (in my opinion)

Just my opinions, your (and others) mileage may vary
Gerry

On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 12:25 PM, Jeroen Bastemeijer wrote:
VK4PP

Jeroen Bastemeijer <J.Bastemeijer@...>

Dear OMs,

On his blogspot he mentioned to make the files available for future use. So I expected to find a repository or something similar.

Best 73 Jeroen PE1RGE

On 03-09-2020 08:41, Cor Beijersbergen wrote:

His last emails to this group were on 14/5/19 and 20/6/19. Both gave the impression that he would order new boards. After that, nothing.

I would like to have these boards as well.

73, Cor PA4Q

From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> On Behalf Of Jeroen Bastemeijer
Sent: Wednesday, 2 September 2020 13:26
Subject: [BITX20] VK4PP ultimate add-on boards #ubitx

Dear all,

Glenn

I think Nick, VK4PP may have changed his email address.

According to QRZ.COM he is still active, currently building a linear.

vk3pe

Gerry Kavanagh

He did, but that post dates from 2 years ago. People often make promises with the best of intentions, and for whatever reason don't make good on them. Eventually it just slips out of mind and nothing further rhappens.
You could try messaging him to find out.

Cor Beijersbergen

And his logbook on QRZ.com shows a contact in July this year, so he is still active indeed.

From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn
Sent: Friday, 4 September 2020 03:50
Subject: Re: [BITX20] VK4PP ultimate add-on boards #ubitx

I think Nick, VK4PP may have changed his email address.

According to QRZ.COM he is still active, currently building a linear.

vk3pe