Topics

Version dizzy - what firmware for v6?

Gamaliel

I may be overlooking something, or perhaps just haven't acclimated to the layout of groups.io yet, but I have been having a very difficult time piecing together what firmware would be best for a ubitx v6 if I want to install a 3.5" Nextion Enhanced?

There is *so* much that can be done with this radio that it is a joy, but sorting out what exactly has been done and how - version to version - is giving me a bit of vertigo. :)

73 everyone

Reed N

None of the v6 software supports nextion. However, since the v6 main board is really similar to the v5, you can replace the v6 screen with a nextion, and then use the KD8CEC software.

Reed

Gamaliel

Thanks - is that 1.2 of the CEC, and with the redrawn Nextion background images for the 3.5"?

Will the CEC firmware work with the stock v6 display, or should I wait and flash it immediately before installing the new screen?

Evan Hand

Gamaliel,

The current version for the KD8CEC firmware is 1.2.  For the v6 µBITX you need to use one of the hex files in the uBITXV5 folder that can be downloaded and found in the zip file here:
https://github.com/phdlee/ubitx/releases/tag/v1.20

You will also need the Nextion file for the 3.5" enhanced display.  I do not have a link (lost it somehow) but do have call sign K3RTA.  You could try searching for that on the files section of this board or the internet.

73
Evan
AC9TU

Evan Hand

On Sun, Feb 28, 2021 at 07:08 PM, Gamaliel wrote:
Will the CEC firmware work with the stock v6 display, or should I wait and flash it immediately before installing the new screen?
Sorry, I did not answer that question.  The KD8CEC software will NOT work with the stock v6 graphic display.  It does work with the older v5 and previous stock 1602 displays.  You have to load in different Nano programs based on the display.  I would wait until you get the new display.

73
Evan
AC9TU

Gamaliel