Topics

V6, V61, V6.2 -- confused!

David KK7SS

Total newbie to uBITx.. !!
I see references to 6, 6.1 and 6.2..
Anyone care to enlighten me as to what's going on?
Which is the latest hardware and the best place to get it?
tnx

--
Dave KK7SS

Evan Hand

David,
I do not really know the answer to your question.  I do know that HFSignals.com is the manufacturer, so I would assume that the latest revision of the board would come from them.  I believe that is 6.2.

The software also has been revised.  That is available on github.
https://github.com/afarhan/ubitxv6

The last version of the software is 6.3.1

Hopefully, Ashhar Farhan or another representative of HFSignals can give better information.

73
Evan
AC9TU

Reed N

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but I can explain some of the numbers.

v6 is the general name for the latest uBiTX revision, which comes with a ILI LCD touch screen.

v6.1 is the name of Ashhar's latest software on GitHub (the previous version was v6.3.1, confusingly)

v6.2 is the PCB version printed on the main v6 board.

So lots of numbers, but they all are referencing different things. If you buy a v6 from HFSignals, you'll get a v6.2 running v6.1 :P

Reed

Bill Cromwell

Hi,

Lots of room for confusion. The uBitX hardware maybe should be named by "model" number which is more clear and is also traditional. Currently model 6. Model numbers do not seem to have decimal points.

The software that controls the radios should maybe retain the version numbers. Version 6.1 would be a version of the software intended for model 6. They love it call it firmware but it is not *burned* in. Software versions may or may not have decimal points.

Sometimes the different models have rather minor differences and software versions are interchangeable across several models. Other models have more important differences and cannot be used with the software from other versions. There are also options that have names and most of those require different versions of software. Different displays are prolific and there are various AGC and other options.

There is quite a variety of choices in the garden. The models are essentially model 3, model 4, model 5, and model 6.

If that doesn't cause enough confusion and headaches the list and the website includes older models named BitX that are single band units and are very different from the uBitX (microbitx). Even old hands get confused about those two very different types of radios so you are in good company.

I hope this helps.

73,

Bill KU8H

bark less - wag more

On 9/3/20 7:24 PM, David KK7SS wrote:
Total newbie to uBITx.. !!
I see references to 6, 6.1 and 6.2..
Anyone care to enlighten me as to what's going on?
Which is the latest hardware and the best place to get it?
tnx
--
Dave KK7SS

robert pohorence

Just built the v6. Where can I see the software version display? What is the latest v6 version?
Thank's
--
Rob N8RT

David KK7SS

My Thanks to all who replied..
I get it now  :-)

--
Dave KK7SS

Reed N

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 07:38 AM, robert pohorence wrote:
Where can I see the software version display? What is the latest v6 version?

If you have the newest stock software, you should be able to see a "v6.1" in the bottom right corner. The older revisions didn't have any visual indicator. If you're running my software (I'd recommend it), then the latest will show "R1.5.1" in the bottom right corner of the screen.

Reed