Topics

v6 Power plug polarity?

Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)

Hi all,

New v6 user here and have assembled the kit, placed in the box and just need to connect up the power cable.

I have searched through the instructions on the web and even gone through some of this groups archives but have been unable to find out the correct polarity for wiring the power plug.

It would seem that centre pin is positive in most cases but I do not think the radio boards can handle a voltage inversion i.e. placing +ve lead on -ve terminal and vice versa.

Can someone confirm?

73 de ZR1HPC
Hylton

Yes, center pin is +ve.

V6 is reverse polarity protected!

Raj

At 18/01/2021, you wrote:
Hi all,

New v6 user here and have assembled the kit, placed in the box and just need to connect up the power cable.

I have searched through the instructions on the web and even gone through some of this groups archives but have been unable to find out the correct polarity for wiring the power plug.

It would seem that centre pin is positive in most cases but I do not think the radio boards can handle a voltage inversion i.e. placing +ve lead on -ve terminal and vice versa.

Can someone confirm?

73 de ZR1HPC
Hylton

Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)

TNX Raj,

On 2021/01/18 10:13, Raj vu2zap wrote:
Yes, center pin is *+ve.
*V6 is reverse polarity protected!
Raj
Hi all,

Can someone confirm?

73 de ZR1HPC
Hylton

Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)

Tnx Raj!

73 de ZR1HPC
Hylton

On 2021/01/18 10:13, Raj vu2zap wrote:
Yes, center pin is *+ve.
*V6 is reverse polarity protected!
Raj
Hi all,

Can someone confirm?

73 de ZR1HPC
Hylton