Topics

#v6 #calibration - Where is the Setup Menu? #calibration #v6

Dane Groszek KD2SSS

My bad being a noob, but got my uBitx V6 kit and it went together ok.
Started using but noticed the VFO was off a bit and I wanted to calibrate it.
http://ubitx.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/uBITX-tune-up-instructions.pdf

But when I press the rotary encoder the setup menu, does not appear.  Does this still work this way with the V6?
Please point me in the right direction.
Kind Thanks
Dane KD2SSS

Phil Karn

On 2/12/20 06:50, Dane Groszek KD2SSS wrote:
My bad being a noob, but got my uBitx V6 kit and it went together ok.
Started using but noticed the VFO was off a bit and I wanted to
calibrate it.
http://ubitx.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/uBITX-tune-up-instructions.pdf

But when I press the rotary encoder the setup menu, does not appear.
Does this still work this way with the V6?
Please point me in the right direction.
Kind Thanks
Dane KD2SSS

I have exactly the same question, having just put my kit together yesterday.

Also, I see poor alternate sideband suppression. This could be due to
the main 25 MHz oscillator being off frequency, as it would probably
also shift everything relative to the (fixed) crystal filter. (Caveat: I
haven't actually done the math to see how much the 25 MHz oscillator
affects the signal frequency at the crystal filter).

Or maybe I'm just spoiled by SDRs with really good filters.

Phil

Ben Holmes

Best way to find that calibration menu is to turn off the Ubitx, then turn it on. Then press and hold the encoder knob... hold it until the configuration menu comes up. And I suspect that any configuration changes should be made after the Ubitx has been turned on for 30 minutes or so... just to make sure that everything is at operating temperature.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I have the wrong idea... :)

Ben Holmes - K6QV

Dane Groszek KD2SSS

Thanks, Ben "Turn off the Ubitx, then turn it on. Then press and hold the encoder knob..." This worked for me, noted had to hold it in for about 10 seconds.  Guess I am used to a faster processor. Best regards, Dane

Reed N

The 10 second wait isn't a processor speed issue. It's programmed by Ashhar to take that long.

Reed

Brian Webster

Is there a way to go back to factory calibration settings without reloading the firmware?

Brian N2KGC