Topics

V6.2

KC2UKU ED

I see from hfs has update to v6.2 I Do not like has any building the v6.2 rremove the vol,mic, key, phones and power, ant mounts from the board...The way it is know its not a kit and u have to use only one type of case go back to v6

Ashhar Farhan

the update is only a firmware update. there is no new model or radio from hfsignals.com

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 6:27 PM KC2UKU ED <kc2uku@...> wrote:
I see from hfs has update to v6.2 I Do not like has any building the v6.2 rremove the vol,mic, key, phones and power, ant mounts from the board...The way it is know its not a kit and u have to use only one type of case go back to v6

KD2QMZ

Have you ever taught, planning to or recommend an RF amp for this kit or to enhance output?

I am also assuming some great enclosure creators like those in India, will create a box to enhance this kit.
The idea is to use a larger screen, etc.

Thanks.

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 12:46 PM Ashhar Farhan <farhanbox@...> wrote:
the update is only a firmware update. there is no new model or radio from hfsignals.com

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 6:27 PM KC2UKU ED <kc2uku@...> wrote:
I see from hfs has update to v6.2 I Do not like has any building the v6.2 rremove the vol,mic, key, phones and power, ant mounts from the board...The way it is know its not a kit and u have to use only one type of case go back to v6

KC2UKU ED

OK can the front, back plug and jack and the vol con be remove easy

--
ED W2ELM

KC2UKU ED

OK one more question Do you have any ubitx V5 I like that better the first video I seen was see it was v6 but after looking around it was V5 not v6 so I hope you still some V5

Joe Puma

I am using the 70watt HF kit amp you can find on eBay. I bought a multi band LPF for it and stuck it in a metal case. It works nicely.

Joe
KD2NFC

On Feb 21, 2020, at05 PM, KD2QMZ <syracusepro@...> wrote:

Have you ever taught, planning to or recommend an RF amp for this kit or to enhance output?

I am also assuming some great enclosure creators like those in India, will create a box to enhance this kit.
The idea is to use a larger screen, etc.

Thanks.

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 12:46 PM Ashhar Farhan <farhanbox@...> wrote:
the update is only a firmware update. there is no new model or radio from hfsignals.com

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 6:27 PM KC2UKU ED <kc2uku@...> wrote:
I see from hfs has update to v6.2 I Do not like has any building the v6.2 rremove the vol,mic, key, phones and power, ant mounts from the board...The way it is know its not a kit and u have to use only one type of case go back to v6

KD2QMZ

Very Nice.

I got the book Building a Transceiver by Eamon Skelton, EI9GQ and Elaine Richards, G4LFM.

Such of a book explains each section of the transceiver, with power of 200 or 400 watts.

I want to use my V5 and schematics for learning purposes, and will get the V6 for the same, but wondering how others are doing as far as power, used part numbers, sources etc.

I like Farhan's radio, as a bigger screen and an AMP can be used.

Great info.
Thanks a lot.

Thanks a lot.

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 3:34 PM Joe Puma <kd2nfc@...> wrote:
[...]

Mick

Very nice Joe!
im looking into the same setup I bought the amp but it doesn’t work so I’m waiting for a reply from the manufacturer.
where did you find a contact on the uBitx to connect to the amp PTT ?
73
Mick VA3EPM

Ashhar Farhan

You can leave all the connectors as they are. Parallel connectors like in V5 are all in exactly the same spot! You only challenge will be the volume control. You can just cut out the taper line and render it effective or remove the coupling capacitor

On Sat 22 Feb, 2020, 7:21 AM Mick, <Mgsebele@...> wrote:
Very nice Joe!
im looking into the same setup I bought the amp but it doesn’t work so I’m waiting for a reply from the manufacturer.
where did you find a contact on the uBitx to connect to the amp PTT ?
73
Mick VA3EPM

Joe Puma

Hi Mick,

I ran the PTT right to the PTT wires on the raduino. I probably soldered it right to the solder pins of the connector as opposed to splicing them into the wires.

Joe
KD2NFC

On Feb 21, 2020, at 8:51 PM, Mick <Mgsebele@...> wrote:

Very nice Joe!
im looking into the same setup I bought the amp but it doesn’t work so I’m waiting for a reply from the manufacturer.
where did you find a contact on the uBitx to connect to the amp PTT ?
73
Mick VA3EPM

Mick

Thanks Joe!