Topics

V5 BFO Save issue #bfo

Viktors Miske
 

Ok...  Been scratching my head here.  Trying to save the BFO settings and no luck.
Get it tuned in nicely, tried PTT, click encoder, you name it, tried it.  Did the 30 second wait before powering down then back up, and still nada.  Always defaults back to 11.053.  Ideas?

Thanks,
Victor
KC8CKZ

Viktors Miske
 

FYI, uBitx V5.1, stock firmware.

 

Victor,

Try moving the frequency up/down a little and see.

I would suspect the NANO, replace, load firmware and see. Should solve it.

Raj

At 27/05/2020, you wrote:
Ok... Been scratching my head here. Trying to save the BFO settings and no luck.
Get it tuned in nicely, tried PTT, click encoder, you name it, tried it. Did the 30 second wait before powering down then back up, and still nada. Always defaults back to 11.053. Ideas?

Thanks,
Victor
KC8CKZ

Viktors Miske
 

Thanks Raj.
Did try changing frequencies to no avail.
When you say NANO, are your referring to the Arduino?  Was following the block diagram and all roads seem to lead to that.  But seems other then the bfo store issue, it seems to be working (unit will transmit, cw works, it tunes nicely).  I dunno... Probably a software glitch. 

 

Yes Victor, replace the Arduino Nano. The nano is not able to write into eeprom memory is my guess. This has happened to
my boards also.

At 27/05/2020, you wrote:
Thanks Raj.
Did try changing frequencies to no avail.
When you say NANO, are your referring to the Arduino? Was following the block diagram and all roads seem to lead to that. But seems other then the bfo store issue, it seems to be working (unit will transmit, cw works, it tunes nicely). I dunno... Probably a software glitch.

Evan Hand
 

Victor,
The stock program always resets to the default value when you enter into the BFO calibration.  There is no way to see the current value.  The only way to tell is if it sounds the same 

If you upgrade to the KD8CEC software, there is a memory manager program that runs on a PC that can read the current values for the calibration parameters (as well as others) through the USB connection.  I do not know of a way to get the values for the stock software.

73
Evan
AC9TU

Evan Hand
 

Victor,

If you have a microphone connected to your computer you could use the BFO tuning page to verify that the sound is the same. 
https://www.hfsignals.com/index.php/bfo-tuning-aid/

If you do decide to upgrade to the KD8CEC software, be sure to select the correct one for your display.  There are 2 and 4 line display versions as well as Nextion Basic and Enhanced versions.  I would recommend the upgrade.  The zip file has a description file with the decoder as to which file to use for each of the display options.  The stock display is UBITXV5_CEC_V1.200_16P.hex.  You also need the xloader software.
https://github.com/phdlee/ubitx/releases/tag/v1.20
https://github.com/xinabox/xLoader

The above assumes you are running Windows on your PC.  There is the software AvrDude for Linux, I do not know if there is the equivalent for Mac.  I have seen some discussions on AvrDude for Mac.

73
Evan
AC9TU

 

Absolutely correct Evan!

At 27/05/2020, you wrote:
Victor,
The stock program always resets to the default value when you enter into the BFO calibration. There is no way to see the current value. The only way to tell is if it sounds the same

If you upgrade to the KD8CEC software, there is a memory manager program that runs on a PC that can read the current values for the calibration parameters (as well as others) through the USB connection. I do not know of a way to get the values for the stock software.

73
Evan
AC9TU