Topics

UK Import Charges

Mark

I ordered a uBitx jlast Thursday, shipped with DHL, it travelled via Germany and it is currently sitting in Birmingham.

I've just paid the import charges invoice, and it came to £45 if anyone in interested, which is about what I was expecting.

Now I just need to wait for it to make it the last 10 miles or so.

Gordon Gibby

Oh my.

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 4:46 AM Mark <mark@...> wrote:
I ordered a uBitx jlast Thursday, shipped with DHL, it travelled via Germany and it is currently sitting in Birmingham.

I've just paid the import charges invoice, and it came to £45 if anyone in interested, which is about what I was expecting.

Now I just need to wait for it to make it the last 10 miles or so.

Ian Reeve

Yes and most of it will admin fees.

I ordered a uBitx jlast Thursday, shipped with DHL, it travelled via Germany and it is currently sitting in Birmingham.

I've just paid the import charges invoice, and it came to £45 if anyone in interested, which is about what I was expecting.

Now I just need to wait for it to make it the last 10 miles or so.

howard winwood G4GPF

I think the admin fee is £11, post office used to be £8, the rest is vat, I don' t think there is any import duty to pay.
DHL is a very fast delivery from anywhere in the world but it will cost you.
Very reliable service, you just have to work out all the costs to see if the item is worth it, would not hesitate to use DHL.

On Wed, 27 May 2020, 11:36 Ian Reeve, <ian.radioworkshop@...> wrote:
Yes and most of it will admin fees.

I ordered a uBitx jlast Thursday, shipped with DHL, it travelled via Germany and it is currently sitting in Birmingham.

I've just paid the import charges invoice, and it came to £45 if anyone in interested, which is about what I was expecting.

Now I just need to wait for it to make it the last 10 miles or so.

Ian Reeve

Yes that sounds about right I guess,a few years ago I had to pay the post office fee,some import duty on items over £100 or so then VAT.That was from America though if that made a difference.Never had a problem with DHL although on two occasions the parcels were opened at customs and resealed and arrived damaged.

I ordered a uBitx jlast Thursday, shipped with DHL, it travelled via Germany and it is currently sitting in Birmingham.

I've just paid the import charges invoice, and it came to £45 if anyone in interested, which is about what I was expecting.

Now I just need to wait for it to make it the last 10 miles or so.

Leo

Wow! I ordered mine three weeks ago and all I’ve heard is COVID...blah...delay

Mark GØNMY

I always thought Amateur radio parts were exempt form import duty??

howard winwood G4GPF

they are! but not exempt to vat. vat goes on postage too.

On 28 May 2020, at 16:10, Mark GØNMY <mark.g0nmy@...> wrote:

I always thought Amateur radio parts were exempt form import duty??

Larry Lovell <larry.lovell76@...>

I once shipped a customer's radio that I had repaired from the US to Canada.  The radio was already owned by the operator and had been sent to the US for repair.  I did not charge him for the repair, just the postage.
He had an import duty to pay but I think they finally exempted it after a struggle.

--
Larry Lovell
73's N7RGW