Topics

#ubitxv6-help #ubitxv6 #v6 #audiocircuit #v6 #audiocircuit #ubitxv6 #ubitxv6-help

james@...

My new ubitx v6 has varying volume.
It starts low and ramps up to max volume and then back to nothing over about a 5 second cycle
It could be varying audio or rf gain. It happens on all bands.
Has anyone experienced anything like this ?
Thanks
James

james@...

I should have listened first !
Listening to a an SSB conversation I can hear that the SSB signal is at a constant level but the noise background is what is rising and falling.
What on earth could make that much RF noise on a 2 second period - I will experiment with a different QTH

Evan Hand

Not sure of the time period, but our high energy cloths washer does that to my radios at home when doing the wash.  Can't play radio while waiting for the machine to finish.

73
Evan
AC9TU

james@...

Found the noise source right in the shack. Too embarrassed to say what it was......

Doug W

On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 03:54 PM, <james@...> wrote:
Too embarrassed to say what it was......
Nothing to be embarrassed about we all learn from each other.

--
www.bitxmap.com

Bob Fischer, Fischer Technical Services

Good luck.
Electric blankets, LED drivers, Compact Fluorescent Lamps, and lots of electronic devices using switching power supplies are polluting our bands.

I am in Florida for the winter.  When I get home, I need to track down a new 40M noise source in my neighborhood.  Gives me sometimes more than S-9 noise level on 40M.  Not my house.  I turned off the main breaker and it is still there.

Remnants of solar flares produce a distinctive "noise signature" that can be heard on some bands.  A single "noise event" increases very fast and then gradually decreases over a few seconds.

The detective work is part of the "fun."

73
Bob
WB8BEL