Topics

ubitx with Icom SM-6 desk mic

John Scherer

I've got an Icom SM-6 desk mic sitting around and I'd love to wire this up to my ubitx v5.  Its clear that this mic has its own preamp and I'm not certain if I need to make any changes for this mic to work.

http://www.radiomanual.info/schemi/ICOM_ACC/Icom_SM-6_user.pdf

--
John - N0CTL - Fulltime RV in a 40' motorhome

Skip Davis

John this mic will work fine all you will need to do is either make an adapter cable or replace the connector with a stereo 3.5mm/ 1/8” plug.
Wire pin 1 to the tip/mic (with bias voltage) pin 7 to sleeve and either pin 6 or 5 to sleeve also, then pin the other not connected pin 5/6 to ring. You should be good to go and only need to adjust the mic gain pot for drive level.

Skip Davis, NC9O

On Aug 1, 2019, at 04:46, John Scherer <jrsphoto@...> wrote:

I've got an Icom SM-6 desk mic sitting around and I'd love to wire this up to my ubitx v5.  Its clear that this mic has its own preamp and I'm not certain if I need to make any changes for this mic to work.

http://www.radiomanual.info/schemi/ICOM_ACC/Icom_SM-6_user.pdf

--
John - N0CTL - Fulltime RV in a 40' motorhome

John Scherer

Awesome, thanks Skip!
--
John - N0CTL - Fulltime RV in a 40' motorhome

Marsh Parker

No, no changes are required.  I am using an SM-8. Hook Icom pin 1 to MIC violet, pin 5 to PTT orange (Raduino) and pins 6,7 to GND. Leave internal MIC controls alone.
Marsh NC7V