Topics

uBITX w/ integrated tuner and waveform display

Kit Peters

So I had a thought: how would you go about adding an integrated tuner and waveform display to a uBITX? Does the Nextion display (and the associated firmware) already do the waveform display?

--
Kit Peters, W0KEH
GPG public key fingerpint: D4FF AA62 AFEA 83D6 CC98 ACE5 6FAE 7E74 7F56 ED1D

Evan Hand

Kit,
I have not tried this, so can only point you to the hard to find page on the KD8CEC site:
http://www.hamskey.com/2018/07/standalone-signal-analyzer-i2c-type_29.html

You can explore this to see if that is what you want.  It does require a second Nano, and possibly a second Nextion.  If you do try it, would be curious as to how it worked for you.  For me, I just use the main page for my uBITX, not even sure what is on the others.  Will have to go look.

I kind of remember (getting old) a post about a ham modifying the Nextion display to bury the audio spectrum in the base screen.  Do not know if that used the second Nano or not.  You could try searching the messages on this site for Nextion math help as I remember it.  Found it. This is the one that I meant:
https://groups.io/g/BITX20/message/75854

So the answer is yes, there are updates that use the Nextion display to give waterfall or spectrum scope type of screens for the uBITX.
73
Evan
AC9TU

73
Evan
AC9TU

Dallas

I added the second  nano computer board to my v5 six moths ago when I built it and the waterfall works fine. Only one Nextion display is required.  It is certainly worth the $3 or $4 for the second nano.

Dallas