Topics

uBITX Version 4 first attempt #ubitx #ubitx-help

William Cullison

Ashhar and the group,

I am very happy with my µBitx other than getting my butt kicked trying to work digital. The only problems I've had with mine have mostly been self caused. Yes the power is uneven as delivered. Show me a better deal in a SSB/CW transceiver and I'll buy it next instead of another µBitx. My Heathkit HW-8 cost more as a kit and when I sold it on EBay about a year before I decided to get back into ham radio. Yes I screwed up!

73 Bill WA8VIH/4

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 7:41 PM, Arv Evans <arvid.evans@...> wrote:
Blame your own country postal or package delivery service.
_._

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 4:17 PM Ray Koster via Groups.Io <raykoster=talktalk.net@groups.io> wrote:
They sold the kits, who else should I blame for damage in transit?

Skip Davis

Ray you said “They sold the kits, who else should I blame for damage in transit?”. Although they did sell the kit Farhan didn’t deliver it to your door personally. The first person that should have been contacted about this is your local postal system/delivery service, who ever was the last to handle your package. They are the ones that need to investigate and correct a problem that appears to exist or identify where this mishandling is occurring. It is unusual that all three packages were damaged, has this occurred with any other packages you’ve ordered?
Farhan’s group has mailed out thousands of packages worldwide and a few may have arrived damaged but those are the exception not the rule. I can’t believe that your packages were singled out to be selectively damaged. Also the packaging has evolved into a more robust format from the first BITX’s and I must say I was very impressed when I received mine.
I hope through all this you do get some resolution to the problem.

Skip Davis, NC9O

On Jun 20, 2018, at 18:16, Ray Koster via Groups.Io <raykoster=talktalk.net@groups.io> wrote:

They sold the kits, who else should I blame for damage in transit?

Tim Gorman

The FIRST thing you are supposed to do when you receive a package from
a freight company is examine the unit being received. If it is damaged
you file a claim with the freight company - IMMEDIATELY! With the
driver if possible! If it is damaged severely do not accept receipt of
the unit.

When I worked for the local telephone company we received equipment
bays where it was obvious had been skewered by a fork lift! I received
pallets of equipment that had been broken in transit inside the
trailer and the driver was actually shoveling units out of the back of
the trailer onto the loading dock!

None of this is the fault of the manufacturer!

I didn't accept receipt of *any* of this. The freight company wound up
providing new equipment which I assume was paid by their insurance.

tim ab0wr

On Wed, 20 Jun 2018 15:16:58 -0700
"Ray Koster via Groups.Io" <raykoster=talktalk.net@groups.io> wrote:

They sold the kits, who else should I blame for damage in transit?

Kunjani Ol <loot@...>

And what are OFCOMS specs? Link please.

Ashhar Farhan

The ubitx meets the FCC specs, so does bitx40.
- f

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 8:59 AM, Kunjani Ol <loot@...> wrote:
And what are OFCOMS specs? Link please.

MVS Sarma

Even if the price is say, double, Perhaps it would be impracticable to manage the expectations. Even under is09001:xxxx, the concept was to draw up a specification on behalf of would be customers, and  realize it with all sincerity.

To my humble thinking,  Ashar Farhan and/or the firm founded by him that made these units has done  possible best.  May be I want a gold lining, I may have to hack and realize my dreams or wish list.
 Now the hope is on his next project-- might be somet T&M design.

regards
 sarma
vu3zmv

Regards
MVS Sarma

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 7:26 PM, sridhar <vu3pen@...> wrote:
Farhan cannot manage your expectations nor is he required to do so.

Agreed...especially at a $140 pricepoint.

yes

de
vu3pen
sridhar

Andy V. Borisenko

I made a video for those who do not believe that in uBitx v4 is a bad sound.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDYfNgKghk4&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBi5NGL0bK0&feature=youtu.be
Enjoy!

Dr Fred Hambrecht

I would be curious as to how many folks received a damaged radio. I have bought 5 and none were damaged. I am of the opinion that many buy on price and don’t understand that folks “modding” them is the major reason for buying. Every single one will work out of the shipping box if wired correctly and put on the air with no modifications. (excepting  the few with the bad batch of audio chips, even that easily fixed). My first contact with my original Bitx was a ZS followed by a VE from my QTH in South Carolina, it was my third contact before I worked a US station (Grin!). Mine does not use any of the original software as I have a GPS guided Arduino and a 4 X 20 display with grid square (thanks Jack on the programming help) and other items I wanted.

To see some of the negative nellys whining because they thought a $140 should give them the equivalent of a Kenwood with manual, support and warranty. They see folks making changes they don’t understand then use it as excuse to attack a guy producing a radio cheaper than they can buy the parts and providing employment for women in his community. The attitudes sicken me! /RANTOFF

v/r

Fred W4JLE

Happy with all my purchases from Faran