Mick VA3EPM

Andy_501

What did you do to upgrade the mic Mick?

On 2020-01-19 10:52 a.m., Mick wrote:
All,
After borrowing an antenna tuner, upgrading my Beofeng Mic, I made a successful QSO yesterday only to find myself in the NA-QSO Party :-) I could tell by listening that all was not normal and fortunately my first (ever) HF contact (Tom K3AJ) was kind enough to explain the rules.
So after a couple of hours I mad 14 QSO's on the 40 meter band and had a lot of fun.
Thanks to all in this group who help me with getting the V6 set up.

73
Mick VA3EPM

Mick

Andy,
I have a little Beofeng radio and mic and the mic’s are known for their week mic signal so back in August I bought “10x5 mm 30-40 dB electret condenser microphone high sensitivity pickup” 5 pieces for $3.95 including shipping. This item is still available from eBay.
1 I replaced the small pick up with the 10 mm one. (I had to cut away the plastic ring around the small pickup)
2 I drilled a couple more small holes in the microphone face above where the new pick up sits
73
Mick VA3EPM