Topics

uBitx v6 tx "sticky" on 20 meter and high

Rene

Hello, i hav a V6 and at the moment is the use for listening to FT8 and some phone. When I put the radio on a dummyload, then it seems the tx button keep on tranmit, even when i release the mic. After a few time push on tx, then it release and is on rx again. How come?? Maybe relay hanging??
Regards
Rene

Rene,

Such problems are caused by RF radiating inside the box.

See the main boarded is properly grounded. Shorten any long wires to a little more than needed.
remove any unused wires from connector by releasing the catch tab and pulling gently.

Add ferrite beads on internal wires. You can also use clamp on ferrites.

Raj

At 26-02-20, you wrote:
Hello, i hav a V6 and at the moment is the use for listening to FT8 and some phone. When I put the radio on a dummyload, then it seems the tx button keep on tranmit, even when i release the mic. After a few time push on tx, then it release and is on rx again. How come?? Maybe relay hanging??
Regards
Rene

Rene

Thx for fast answering