Topics

ubitx v6 now help...

danilo datres

hello, tnx  for  help about  sound of my ubitx v6.  have a little answer about  v6 ... i must  make setup tune up,setting  bfo   as usual for other model ? are a newbie  and sorry for my  english..   thanks in advance  from italy   de in3izq danilo '73

Vic WA4THR

Ashar Farhan has made a nice video showing how to set up the tuning and BFO on the V6. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6LGXhS4_O8&feature=youtu.be

=Vic=

Kaushik Sanghvi

I set the  set up the tuning and BFO on the V6. as per the video link by Ashar Farhan shared here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6LGXhS4_O8&feature=youtu.be
Now i have a question does calibration on 1 wavelength (40m)  helps out for all the wavelengths in ubitx v6.
VU2KTW

MVS Sarma

Answer is YES

On Wed, 11 Mar 2020, 9:44 am Kaushik Sanghvi, <kau_san@...> wrote:
I set the  set up the tuning and BFO on the V6. as per the video link by Ashar Farhan shared here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6LGXhS4_O8&feature=youtu.be
Now i have a question does calibration on 1 wavelength (40m)  helps out for all the wavelengths in ubitx v6.
VU2KTW

Mike G4GOU

The v6 is supplied from HF-Signals already calibrated (as has been stated by Ashar Farhan), so unless anything has gone wrong, you do not need to calibrate it, even after loading for example the CEC software (as I did in my case) which keeps the calibration settings that are in memory - the first thing I did then, was take a backup of the calibration settings in case I messed anything up.

I found the frequency of the v6 as supplied to be within a few Hz and the BFO was also correct when I compared it with my existing HF rig (FT950).

73 Mike
G4GOU/EA7KIP