Topics

uBITX v6 is now DEAD !!!!! #v6

_Dave_ AD0B

Everything is fixable Ralph.

The first thing I would check the tools menu.  You have nano selected under the tools/board tab and when you click on tools/board info you get a window come back that shows that you have pinged a board. Mine always comes back and says something like unknown board at such and such address

If you get errors it is possible that it is the cable. Have found some usb cables which carry power but won't work to load data or not without errors. I doubt if anything is damaged. .

If worse comes to worse program a second nano and swap it in. Is your nano socketed?

Dave
ADOB
Raduino bracket and Ham_Made_Keys

Reed N

The com port changing is pretty normal. Windows will re-number the same device depending on what specific USB port you plug it into, which is a bit silly, but that's how it works.

A few follow up questions:
1) Can you please copy the text or screenshot the errors you're getting?
2) You get a white screen, but can you tune around and/or hear anything using the tuner knob? I know I saw white screens using some of the stock software, but could also be that it got corrupted while trying to program.
3) When you're trying to program the radio, do you have the radio turned on? If not, your computer will try and back-power stuff, which, depending on your computer's USB port, may cause stuff to brown out.

Reed

K7ul@...

Hi Ralph,

You do want to select the processor setting as ATmega328P Old bootloader.
Also, you will want to the Arduino programming IDE to load the source code.  After you move the code to the Arudino directory, you need to then load the .ino file.  Click on the file, and a new IDE should pop up with the code on your screen.  Set your processor settings, com port up and then the arrow button to upload it.

It may tell you that the code needs to be in a directory called .... what ever the .ino is called.  Hit yes, and let it do it.
At that point I would move the rest of the code into that directory.  It should be C:\xyz\Arduino\ubitx_V6.and so on.

You should be able to compile it at that point.

Later to repeat opening this project, you should be able to open the IDE, and select file, open recent and select the ubitx code.

Hope this helps.  73

Reed N

As K7UL mentioned, you'll want to actually open the .ino project. It looks like you opened the IDE, but didn't load the actual code.

For the "processor" in the menu, try selecting "ATmega328P (Old Bootloader)"

For the "programmer" in the menu, try selecting "AVRISP mkII".

Reed

_Dave_ AD0B

Have you tried adjusting the contrast control on  the raduino

It shouldn't make any difference whether the radio is on or off as the power is provided via the usb cable.
Dave
ADOB
Raduino bracket and Ham_Made_Keys

_Dave_ AD0B

Does the radio receive?
Dave
ADOB
Raduino bracket and Ham_Made_Keys

ca4wqp@...

https://youtu.be/3n_V3prSJ_E

Evan Hand

Ralph,
Have you tried removing the Nano from the Raduino to rule out any supply issues?  If the Nano program loads connected to the USB port on the computer and NOT in the Raduino, then I would suspect there is a problem with the 5 volt regulator or the Raduino power system.

Just one more thing to try.

73
Evan
AC9TU

Evan Hand

From the screenshots, you have not loaded the original version 6.1 files from Github.  All that you did was download code that does nothing.  Since the screen is controlled by the Nano, the screen is not being told to do anything.  Here are the instructions from Ashhar Farhan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n_V3prSJ_E&feature=youtu.be

I thought that you could not download the compiled code, did not realize that you do not have the code to compile.

If you again have issues with downloading the code to the uBiTx, then pull the Nano from the rig and download it that way.

73
Evan
AC9TU

Niels Jalling

You have not loaded the ubitx ino codi into the Arduino Ide. The screenshots just shows an empty Arduino code.
Please go to your local Ham-club or FabLab and ask for help there!

Evan Hand

Ralph,

please review the YouTube video I listed in my prior post. All of the instructions are there.

73
Evan
AC9TU

Steve Sawicki

A bit hard going to the Ham Club and FabLab ?, are you not aware that their is a pandemic and many have stay at home orders.
73's
Best Regards.
Steve
AB2ET

mymonte666@...

I remember seen a video on yt that showed a problem with the screen going to full brightness or full dim, idk. It showed how to fix that. Of course i can’t find it now. I’ll post if i find it.