Topics

uBITX V6 CW Keyer #ubitx #ubitxcw #cw

Aaron K5ATG

I'm having a little issue hooking up a keyer to the uBITX and I'm pretty sure I'm either missing something or doing something wrong. When I plug in the keyer of just the cable to the keyer and put the uBITX on CW it just sends out a string of dahs. Any ideas will be helpful.
Oh the keyer is a homebrew CW Keyboard (I have nerve damage and can't send CW) When I plug in a set of paddles it works as is should.
--
'72
Aaron Scott

Bob Lunsford

The keyer's output should look like a simple straight key to the V6. You should be able to just run a cable to the key input from the keyer's output. If this does not work, then you may need to get feedback from others who are doing same thing.

Bob — KK5R

On Saturday, June 13, 2020, 9:28:01 PM EDT, Aaron K5ATG via groups.io <k5atg@...> wrote:

I'm having a little issue hooking up a keyer to the uBITX and I'm pretty sure I'm either missing something or doing something wrong. When I plug in the keyer of just the cable to the keyer and put the uBITX on CW it just sends out a string of dahs. Any ideas will be helpful.
Oh the keyer is a homebrew CW Keyboard (I have nerve damage and can't send CW) When I plug in a set of paddles it works as is should.
--
'72
Aaron Scott
QRPARCI# 16443
GQRP# 16389
4SQRP # 1080

Evan Hand

Aaron,
I believe that the v6 comes with the Iambic keyer enabled.  In the setup menu, there should be an option to set it to a straight key.  Try that and see if it works.

NOTE: I do not have a v6, so I cannot verify the menu settings.
73
Evan
AC9TU