Topics

uBitx v6 3rd party case

David - WB7DWF

So I have a uBitx v6 WITHOUT a case - any suggestions for a 3rd party case that has some room for adding some other stuff (power protection, CW filters, anything else I can think up, etc)?

Vic WA4THR

Your choices are almost endless! Look on ubitx.net for examples as all earlier versions came without cases and many inventive solutions were found. I have used the plastic instrument case from Bangood for my V4, which can be had for as little as $8 including shipping, and I have managed to include a number of additional boards for added features including the Nextion display (same size as the touch screen with the V6), AGC, SWR bridge, power regulation, etc. A bit of a tight fit, but the case design is really neat allowing access all over. I used the same case for an earlier BitX40 and included AGC and alternator filtering inside for mobile use. At the other end of the scale are the case "kits" from Amateurradiokits.in which cost quite a bit more but are pre-cut and painted for the uBitX controls and display you choose. In between there is a plethora of commercially made electronics housings, waterproof cases, 3D-printed, and hand formed choices. Have fun designing what YOU want!

=Vic=

Dave Dixon

hi guys,
               I used the excellway case for my bitx version 3 and also my bitx 40 both work really well and no rf break through on either,i chose a white case and then a black one,i prefered the black one.Just been given a bitx 20 3b complete this will keep me occupied for a while.Dave G0AYD...