Topics

#ubitx V6 #ubitx

Dave Dixon

HI,
     Can anyone tell me where i can buy the on/off/volume control for the V6 bitx mines broken off. dave

k7ome@...

Jack, W8TEE

On Thursday, January 16, 2020, 11:24:08 AM EST, <k7ome@...> wrote:

--
Jack, W8TEE

Jerry Gaffke

While waiting for delivery of a physically appropriate pot for a uBitx-v6
(whatever that is, I defer to those with a v6), just about any pot within 50% of 10k
(or perhaps worse, try it!) will work fine as a volume control.
Run 3 wires up from the board through a crack in the case, have it dangle out the front somehow.
No point in sitting on your hands for a month.

I'd guess 10k is more common than any other value you are likely to find in a pot salvaged from old gear.
Something claiming to be "audio taper" or "logarithmic" is preferred,
a "linear" pot will work fine but will seem very sensitive on the low end of the range.

Jerry, KE7ER

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 08:49 AM, Jack, W8TEE wrote:
Note the delivery date...it's probably coming from China. These people are great and have quick service!

Wayne Leake

 I bought a batch of 10k audio pots a while ago. The one that came with the first BITX40 broke the shaft when the case I stuffed it in got slightly dropped.
 Can still turn it with the remaining shaft, but knob won't grip, even if I trim the end.
 Rather flimsy plastic shafts.
 The ones I bought online have metal shaft. Look the same as the ones suggested. Just needs a bit more patience soldering leads.
 Those plastic shafts need to be trimmed so the knob is as close as possible to the case.

Wayne WA2YNE

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020, 12:06 PM Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io <jgaffke=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
While waiting for delivery of a physically appropriate pot for a uBitx-v6
(whatever that is, I defer to those with a v6), just about any pot within 50% of 10k
(or perhaps worse, try it!) will work fine as a volume control.
Run 3 wires up from the board through a crack in the case, have it dangle out the front somehow.
No point in sitting on your hands for a month.

I'd guess 10k is more common than any other value you are likely to find in a pot salvaged from old gear.
Something claiming to be "audio taper" or "logarithmic" is preferred,
a "linear" pot will work fine but will seem very sensitive on the low end of the range.

Jerry, KE7ER

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 08:49 AM, Jack, W8TEE wrote:
Note the delivery date...it's probably coming from China. These people are great and have quick service!

MVS Sarma

Please see item number 291604842607  on ebay.com.
Around 18 months back i bought 10 lot  at 7.5$

MVS Sarma

The item is traceable on ebay.ca also. I saw just now.

Mick

And look they come with the nuts for mounting👍😀

73
Mick VA3EPM

Wayne Leake

 The ones I purchased came with nuts and washers.
 If they don't look for another vendor.
Always a good idea to have spares on hand.

 Wayne WA2YNE

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020, 12:45 PM Mick <Mgsebele@...> wrote:
And look they come with the nuts for mounting👍😀

73
Mick VA3EPM

support@...

Dave,
Did the on/off/vol control reach you in a broken condition during shipping? If so kindly send a mail to support@... and we could send you a replacement piece. Please do send us an image of the broken part and we shall do the needful.

Thanks,

Thomas