Topics

UBitx v5 Not Saving Calibration or BFO adjustments with CEC v 1.20 Nextion

jsternmd

1)      I tried calibrating by injecting an unmodulated carrier 10.000,000.00 MHz (GPSDO) at 70 uVrms into antenna port and used DL4YHF’s freebee audio spectrum analyzer software.  First I tried it on LSB listening at 10,001.000 with Ubitx and after entering Calibration mode, by adjusting encoder until the carrier tone was at 1000 Hz on the audio SA.  I slowly pressed in encoder knob but as soon as that happend the 1kHz tone on the SA jumper 500 Hz to where I had started.  I did this several times same result.  So, next I changed to UBitx to USB listening at 9.999,000 and after entering Setup Calibration I again adjusted the encoder using the audio SA to hit 1kHz on the head. but as soon as I pushed in encoder to save, the 1khz tone had shifted back to starting point. For the LSB adjustment the optimum Calibrate setting was 15-16 and for USB it was -4 to -5.  (I may have written these in reverse here, don't have my notes).   Another strange thing is BFO adjustment... with CEC each time I enter BFO it shows a value of zero.  For LSN I need to crank it up to about 2300-2400 to hear a nice clear SSB QSO.   However as soon as I  cycle power - it forgets the previous BFO setting, sounds terrrible and I have to reset BFO back to 2300.

Any advice appreciated

Jerry NY2KW

Jeff Karpinski (N0KAI)

Pretty sure you need to key the mic to save, but maybe it depends on the firmware you're running.

jsternmd

The last CEC manual I could find is for v 1.072 and you're right it says for BFO to save by pressing PTT but that doesn't work.   I have the 5" Nextion display and can find only 1 CEC version that supports it.  Also doesnt help with calibrate as the manual says push in the VFO knob.

Evan Hand

Have you tried the MemoryManager program from CEC?  It is how I have done calibration when using the CEC software,

73
Evan
AC9TU

jsternmd

I cannot find a manual for Memory Manager only the little mentioned in the CEC firmware 1.072 manual.  How do you calibrate with Memory Manager?   For example, my VFO frequency is always 1.5kHz off, how would I use Memory Manager, by changing the Master Calibration value?  Are these in Hz or other units?

Jerry