Topics

Ubitx V5 board and holes sizes

Adrien F4IJA

Hi there,

I'm waiting for my board to arrive but I'm already on the design of the case and everything else.

I'd like to take a chance an prepare the box before the board will be there so I ask your support if possible.

I've found on GrabCad a cad file of the ubitx board, and here are the sizes I have :

Could a nice owner of a V5 board could confirm those measurements to be sure they are accurate ?

Thank you a lot !

73's
Adrien F4IJA

Gary Anderson

Adrien,
My understanding is that V3,4 and 5 boards are the same size and same mounting hole spacing.  Done as such so they are interchangeable in the case.

My V3 board is 5.5" (with 5.1" center line hole spacing) x 6.0" (with 5.6" center line hole spacing)

Accurately,  mine measures 5.508" x 6.007".  I would expect variation in the thousandths of inch.
I can't accurately measure hole spacing to center line, I have to eyeball that the tips of the vernier caliper are in the hole center.
But, it seems to fit very well to an inch based standard.  (which would be 129.54 mm x 142.24 mm hole center line spacing converting to metric)
The hole center line spacing on the drawing you posted don't make much sense to me since it doesn't align to either an inch or metric standard.
Yes, the mounting screws should be smaller than the hole diameter for build tolerance. But best to start with the correct target (which is what you are asking)

Rgds,
Gary

Evan Hand

I have both v4 and v5 boards, and have swapped them between cases.  Holes do line up.

FWIW
73
Evan
AC9TU

Adrien F4IJA

Thank you both of you for the answers. I'll adapt my plan accordingly to those dimensions.

After that my plans will be available for everyone who need them.

Christopher Ryan

I just measured my board, and your dimensions are right on. Attached is a case that I designed for my V5 board.
73's
Christopher

On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 9:00 AM Adrien F4IJA <adrien.grelet@...> wrote:
Thank you both of you for the answers. I'll adapt my plan accordingly to those dimensions.

After that my plans will be available for everyone who need them.

Adrien F4IJA

Christopher : you are speaking about my dimensions or Gary's?

Christopher Ryan

The dimensions above in the mechanical drawing. Adrien.
Christopher

On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 11:00 AM Adrien F4IJA <adrien.grelet@...> wrote:
Christopher : you are speaking about my dimensions or Gary's?

Adrien F4IJA

Thank you for your answer. In fact I'm on my drawing and I've checked with Gary's measurements and it seems to be OK, +/- 0.2mm, which are very fine to me.

Thank you all for your answers, I can go forward on my design !

BTW it's this post for the build : https://groups.io/g/BITX20/topic/33030891?p=Created,,,20,1,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,33030891

Adrien F4IJA

Very cool case Christopher ! It's based on an existing case of built from scratch ?

Christopher Ryan

Adrien,

It is a scratch built case. I have a machine shop, so the case was fairly easy to design and fabricate.
Kind regards,
Christopher