Topics

uBITX v3 programming #ubitx #arduino

Chris Cancilla

Well, I got the uBITX v3 assembled.  Put power to it, and it worked.
But, I am not a CW kinda guy.
It comes up on the display with ONLY CW: 7.150.000
I cannot find any manual or guide for programming.

HELP!!

--

__________________________
Chris Cancilla, W4CEC

Evan Hand

I do not know of a v3 manual.  Here is a v4 which should be close:
https://ubitx.net/download/ubitx-v4-mini-manual/

73
Evan
AC9TU

Jim WB2LHP in MI <jmarco1955@...>

Try cycling the PTT line and see if it switches to LSB or USB...

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 5:47 PM Chris Cancilla <Chriscancilla@...> wrote:
Well, I got the uBITX v3 assembled.  Put power to it, and it worked.
But, I am not a CW kinda guy.
It comes up on the display with ONLY CW: 7.150.000
I cannot find any manual or guide for programming.

HELP!!

--

__________________________
Chris Cancilla, W4CEC
Raleigh, NC

Jim WB2LHP in MI <jmarco1955@...>

You should also be able to change modes via the menu...

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 5:47 PM Chris Cancilla <Chriscancilla@...> wrote:
Well, I got the uBITX v3 assembled.  Put power to it, and it worked.
But, I am not a CW kinda guy.
It comes up on the display with ONLY CW: 7.150.000
I cannot find any manual or guide for programming.

HELP!!

--

__________________________
Chris Cancilla, W4CEC
Raleigh, NC

Rick Price

Chris did you install the 4.75k resistor? Without it the radio may cycle or stay in CW mode  See page 4 of the mini manual.  Also function settings on page 16.  Hope this helps!

Rick
KN4AIE

Well, I got the uBITX v3 assembled.  Put power to it, and it worked.
But, I am not a CW kinda guy.
It comes up on the display with ONLY CW: 7.150.000
I cannot find any manual or guide for programming.

HELP!!

--

__________________________
Chris Cancilla, W4CEC
Raleigh, NC

Chris Cancilla

The CW Key NEEDS to be installed even if not used.
Thanks
My instructions did not have that.

___________________________

--

   Christopher E. Cancilla

     W4CEC.com

        678-371-5031  SMS / Cell

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 6:28 PM Rick Price <rickprice48@...> wrote:
Chris did you install the 4.75k resistor? Without it the radio may cycle or stay in CW mode  See page 4 of the mini manual.  Also function settings on page 16.  Hope this helps!

Rick
KN4AIE

Well, I got the uBITX v3 assembled.  Put power to it, and it worked.
But, I am not a CW kinda guy.
It comes up on the display with ONLY CW: 7.150.000
I cannot find any manual or guide for programming.

HELP!!

--

__________________________
Chris Cancilla, W4CEC
Raleigh, NC

--

__________________________
Chris Cancilla, W4CEC
Raleigh, NC

Evan Hand

I would clarify what Christopher is saying in that the PULLUP RESISTOR and 3.5 mm plug needs to be installed.  The key itself is optional.

73
Evan
AC9TU

Chris Cancilla

Thanks Evan, this is exactly what I needed. Mine did not have all this information in it. Now I can change bands and function so life is good. All I need to do is hook up the microphone and pull my antenna out of the shed and I should be able to run a test, but it may not be till next weekend because I have to work this week even though I am working from home.

On Sun, May 17, 2020, 5:51 PM Evan Hand <elhandjr@...> wrote:
I do not know of a v3 manual.  Here is a v4 which should be close:
https://ubitx.net/download/ubitx-v4-mini-manual/

73
Evan
AC9TU

--

__________________________
Chris Cancilla, W4CEC
Raleigh, NC

Chris Cancilla

Actually, all I did was add the 4.7 km resistor between the yellow and blue wires on the Arduino cable ribbon and that put the voltage where it needed to be. Then I made sure that the push to talk button that came with the kit was jumpered between the yellow and red wires on the tuning knob. So now I have access to all the bands and all the frequencies.

On Sun, May 17, 2020, 7:47 PM Evan Hand <elhandjr@...> wrote:
I would clarify what Christopher is saying in that the PULLUP RESISTOR and 3.5 mm plug needs to be installed.  The key itself is optional.

73
Evan
AC9TU

--

Chris Cancilla, W4CEC
Raleigh, NC

Rick Price

Chris,
Good job! You would not believe how much trouble that little 4.7k resistor has caused over the last 3 years!  Glad it's all working now.

Rick
KN4AIE