Topics

UBitX V3 Nextion and no receive

V Zecchinelli

Good Afternoon,
My UBitX V3 was working fine and I decided to install the Nextion display using ubitx_lcd_nextion.ino.  All seems to work fine but I am unable to receive any stations.  I am using A3 Beam at 60' elevation.  I am able to hear tones around 14.273.6 on UBitX and Kenwood TS2000 but unable to distinguish and other signals with UBitX.  Through the headphones it sounds more like electrical static than atmospheric noise.  Same symptoms with 2 different Raduinos.  Not sure where to look for the issue.  BTW, UBitX does transmit.
Thanks,
Vince

Gary Anderson

Vince,
Lazy attempt to help out. Ian uses a #DEF structure to handle the major board revisions differences.
From a copy of code of his I have, in the file ubitx.h:
#define UBITX_BOARD_VERSION 5           //v1 ~ v4 : 4, v5: 5

so since you are using a v3 board. You need to change this to
#define UBITX_BOARD_VERSION 4           //v1 ~ v4 : 4, v5: 5

With the filter changes to V5, you shouldn't hear anything on a V3 board with firmware compiled for V5.

I hope this gets you going.
If not, there is also traffic here discussing attenuation on the crystal skirts, but too lazy to look at the code.

Regards,
Gary

V Zecchinelli

Thanks Gary.
Vince

On 8/8/2019 7:57 PM, Gary Anderson wrote:
Vince,
Lazy attempt to help out. Ian uses a #DEF structure to handle the major board revisions differences.
From a copy of code of his I have, in the file ubitx.h: