Topics

UBITX use with 144 MHz transverter

Michel Dupuy

Hello, is it possible when I use the uBITX with a 28/144 Mhz transverter to display instead of 28.300 the frequency of 144.300 for example. Thank you for my question which may be impossible. Thank you so much.

Gordon Gibby

Yes, a simple bit of recoding will accomplish what you wish.   Give it a whirl!!!
Gordon

On Sat, Jul 4, 2020 at 4:55 AM Michel Dupuy <82f1gtx@...> wrote:
Hello, is it possible when I use the uBITX with a 28/144 Mhz transverter to display instead of 28.300 the frequency of 144.300 for example. Thank you for my question which may be impossible. Thank you so much.

Michel Dupuy

Yes but I am not knowledgeable enough to modify the code of KD8CEC version 1.2. I would like if it is possible that when I am on 28MHz the display shows 144MHz. It's just for fun, the transverter works very well, it's a UT5JCW assembly. Thank you.

Gordon Gibby

Don’t give up! It’s a hobby! Intended for learning.   Plenty of books and monographs out there to teach.  The development environment is free

Probably requires only editing one or two lines of code.  Might take five minutes, might take five hours, but you will learn from doing it.

Gordon

On Jul 4, 2020, at 08:13, Michel Dupuy <82f1gtx@...> wrote:

Yes but I am not knowledgeable enough to modify the code of KD8CEC version 1.2. I would like if it is possible that when I am on 28MHz the display shows 144MHz. It's just for fun, the transverter works very well, it's a UT5JCW assembly. Thank you.

MadRadioModder

Well that’s why we all buy kits like the uBITx … to gain knowledge.  Good time maybe to learn a little bit about the Arduino.  Remember you can always reload the original code if you really mess it up.