Topics

Ubitx parts for sale or swap

Ted

1. Elekitsorparts digital interface board, as ordered from seller. Not installed, as new.  $30 shipped CONUS or swap for something I can use more, like a cool CW key.   https://www.elekitsorparts.com/product/ubitx-digi-interface-module-add-on-board

2. V3 uBitx board with following mods and materials:

- Kitsandparts wideband RF preamp, wired in, with preparation for additional RF level control.
- pre-driver pair of 2n3904 transistors replaces with one 2n5109.
- both pair drivers also replaced with one 2n5109 per pair.
- 4-line LCD display in BLUE, direct plug-in to Raduino same pinout as original screen.
- one multi-color cable for audio controls OR for raduino inputs, but not both.
- rotational encoder, vol/per pot, condenser mike.
- pair of not-installed 680uH shielded chokes to replace L6 & L7 if you wish to do so.
- 45mHz crystal replaces R13.
- KD8CEC firmware installed, BFO more or less set and ready.
- heat sink on Raduino 5V regulator.

Some parts tacked in place for bench testing; will essentially plug together and transmit/receive. Note that the CW side tone is not coming through and I can't guarantee an answer to the deficiency. If you use this for CW, use a keyer with its own side tone or do without, unless you find the problem.

Reminants of epoxy near the Raduino mount socket, from the beginnings of another project that has a Raduino mounted horizontally on bolts. I ended up using a V5 board instead, only because I fell across one. Doesn't affect anything and the Raduino hides most of it.

Approximate CW output @ 13.8V measured with an MFJ Versa Tuner II:

80M - 18 watts
60M -   8 watts
40M - 10 watts
30M -   5 watts
20M -   6 watts
17M -   3 watts
15M -   2 watts
12M -   2 watts
10M -   1 watt

SSB from whistling into the mic element showed about the same at each band. The builder can always adjust for less if wanted, or, run the finals at 18 volts and see even higher RF out.

Asking $85 shipped CONUS or talk trade toward SOTA-grade QRP radio such as ME+40 or MFJ9200, etc with cash difference.

3. V3 uBitx board only, functions fine. As from factory.   $45 shipped CONUS or barter with above SOTA radio exchange.

Haggling permitted.

Dave Dixon

Hi,
    Would you be willing to post the V3 board to the UK please.Regards Dave G0AYD
email for reply is dave g0ayd@...

On Fri, 7 Aug 2020 at 02:36, Ted via groups.io <k3rta=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Bill Lamm

I am interested in the 3 item v3 board only unless that is the one Dave is asking about..

Bill Lamm

Correction.......   I am interested in only the 3rd item.. v3 board only unless that is the one Dave is asking about..

Christopher Miller

I would like the moded ubitx and digital board.

Chris

Ted

Hi,everyone.  I'm really sorry, though these items did not last very long at all.  I responded to private replies from some fellows with interest and they're gone. The only exception is that the nearly complete kit and the digital board are on hold until the 12th.  If that deal should fall through into an abyss, I'll gladly re-post them.

Thank you all for your interest.

Regards,

-Ted

Ted

On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 04:26 AM, Dave Dixon wrote:
Would you be willing to post the V3 board to the UK please.Regards Dave G0AYD
email for reply is dave g0ayd@...
Dave,

Feel free to send a private response to k3rta at yahoo \dot com.  Your e-mail address doesn't show up in full.

73,

Ted

Ted

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 09:36 PM, Ted wrote:
3. V3 uBitx board only, functions fine. As from factory.   $45 shipped CONUS or barter....

This V3 board is back on the sale block. The previously-interested person found something that doesn't require internatiinal shipping.  I can throw in an external relay daughter board with this.Make an offer if you like.

-ted

Christopher Miller

Hi Ted,

I talked to the aid department at wgu and have an update and request.

My aid should be sent today, generally banks take 3 to post funds. That puts me at sending out the funds on Wednesday or Thursday. I would be willing to take everything from you if you combine shipping. The money is going to come, I just have to wait on the school. So if you work with me you can get paid this week and I will take everything.

Chris

Ted

Chris,

I'd have to see what these other guys are looking for, first, on the extra board.  If they dont want a lone board without trimmings, you're #3 on the extra board.

See e-mail.

-ted