Topics

uBITx fabricated pcb chassis #ubitx

Ken wa4mnt

This is how I put my uBITX in a chassis. Details are at <www.qrpbuilder.com>.

q q

Nice looking case and paint job.

I like to see all the different solutions.

These bitx rigs have been a lot of enjoyment for me.

Bob, N1ETS

Dave Bottom

Very Nice job!  Professional looking and great job on the Symbols for the connectors!

Looking forward to receiving the cases I ordered Tuesday and then see how it goes...

Dave WI6R

--
73 Dave WI6R

Tim McDonough N9PUZ

Very nice Ken. Any pointers on where to buy the pcb material at good prices?

Tim N9PUZ

On 12/29/2017 2:32 PM, Ken wa4mnt wrote:
This is how I put my uBITX in a chassis. Details are at <www.qrpbuilder.com>.

Ken wa4mnt

I've bought most of mine at hamfests. eBay is also a good source, and McMaster Carr sells 2' x 3' sheet of double sided 1/16" for $48. That's 7x more than you need for this project, but if you continue making chassis for other projects, it may be viable.

ken - wa4mnt

Vince Vielhaber

I got 2 - 24x18" sheets from Dupont for free as samples. That was their standard sample size! On one of the FB electronic groups someone posted a link to where to get it. The Dupont rep was more than helpful in selecting the right stuff to get - there were MANY combinations. Copper thickness, type, bonding, ...

Vince.

On 12/30/2017 09:34 AM, Ken wa4mnt wrote:
I've bought most of mine at hamfests. eBay is also a good source, and
McMaster Carr sells 2' x 3' sheet of double sided 1/16" for $48. That's
7x more than you need for this project, but if you continue making
chassis for other projects, it may be viable.

ken - wa4mnt
--
Michigan VHF Corp. http://www.nobucks.net/ http://www.CDupe.com/
http://www.metalworkingfun.com