Topics

uBitX 6.1 Doesn't Work

Brian Umbrell W3PDW

     I ordered the full kit sometime ago and finally got around to putting it together.  I am so disappointed that is does not work. Display and controls seem to be fine, however any signals that are received can not be understood. This is with the volume control fully up. Anyone have any ideas where I should start to trouble shoot this unit.

  W3PDW  Brian

barry halterman

Brian, start with setting the BFO to 11.055, LSB, then calibrate the tuning frequency to zero beat WWV.
Barry
K3bo

On Sun, Feb 28, 2021, 3:23 PM Brian Umbrell W3PDW <w3pdw@...> wrote:
     I ordered the full kit sometime ago and finally got around to putting it together.  I am so disappointed that is does not work. Display and controls seem to be fine, however any signals that are received can not be understood. This is with the volume control fully up. Anyone have any ideas where I should start to trouble shoot this unit.

  W3PDW  Brian

Jack, W8TEE

Did you follow the post-assembly alignment instructions? See:

Jack, W8TEE

--
Jack, W8TEE

Arv Evans

Alignment, alignment, alignment!
_._

On Sun, Feb 28, 2021 at 1:23 PM Brian Umbrell W3PDW <w3pdw@...> wrote:
     I ordered the full kit sometime ago and finally got around to putting it together.  I am so disappointed that is does not work. Display and controls seem to be fine, however any signals that are received can not be understood. This is with the volume control fully up. Anyone have any ideas where I should start to trouble shoot this unit.

  W3PDW  Brian

Scott

I'm still very new to the uBITX and HF in general.   I never did an alignment but have been using my radio with WSJT-X quite successfully on FT8.    Does this likely mean that my radio is aligned decently or could I still be having success on digital modes with poor alignment?

Always appreciate the help here.   Thanks everyone.

Scott

Can you edit a post here?   Sorry for the double if you can .

My rig came with paperwork specifically stating "Don't attempt to calibrate or align"

Arv Evans

Editing already posted content can be good or bad.  When the group was established it was decided to avoid problems that can happen if posted content could be edited.

Arv. K7Hkl