Topics

Ubitx 5.1 software compile errors

paul wegwert

Hi all,

I have just spent the better part of four hours trying to download ubitx software version 5.1 from the ubitx.net, github, ect. The only one I was able to download and compile was ver x0.0020? (I think). Anyway I would like to have a spare Nano with the original 5.1 software but I get errors such as: "'checkCat' was not declared in this scope" and "'si5351bx_setfreq' was not declared in this scope'.
See attached.
I have tried several times and I am stuck. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul
kd9jyv

Jack, W8TEE

Paul:

All of the messages are really saying the same thing: They cannot find the definitions of certain variables or functions in the code. The KD8CEC software has 17 source code files and ALL of those files need to be in the same directory. My guess is that one or more of those files is missing. Check to see that you have all of the source code files and that they are all in the same directory. Also, it helps people like me if you tell us the version of the IDE (e.g., 1.8.10) and what OS (e.g. Windows 10) that you're using.

Jack, W8TEE

--
Jack, W8TEE

DJ2AG

Paul,

I don*t know which Arduino version you are using, but such errors usually occur after downloading and unzipping a file from github. When then trying to open die main ino file, in this case ubitx_v5.1_code.ino, Arduino complains that the file should reside in a directory with the same name as this file and offers to create a directory with this name and move the file into it. Unfortunately all the other files are no moved and so they are not seen by the compiler, resulting exactly in the errors in your errors file. At least this is what I get with an old Arduino V1.6.12.

My recommendation,  assuming you downloaded ubitx_v5-master.zip: unzip this file which gives a directory ubitx_v5-master. Entering this directory you will find a  subdirectory with the same name ubitx_v5-master.  Rename this subdirectory to ubitx_v5.1_code.

In Arduino software open file ubitx_v5.1_code.ino an try to compile. Compilation should be working without errors now.

Armin, DJ2AG

Matt 9V1MH / VK3AMH

Hi

I have the same type of errors from all 3 versions of original code uBitx downloaded from GitHub.
I get the same errors compiling the KD8CEC code.
I have all the files in a single directory that is appropriately named.

There are no errors about missing files.
The errors are all about incorrect parameters or statements or variables
I am guessing this could be an issue with the compile parsing in the IDE.

Arduino 1.8.10
Windows 10 professional

DJ2AG

Matt,

I just installed Arduino V1.8.10 on a Windows  machine (usually I use Linux) to compile with the same setup than you. I compiled V5.1 of the original software and don't get any errors. There are a lot of warnings yes, but no errors in the log window. I tested only 5.1, but assume its the same with the other named versions.

These warnings are  usually not a problem and if you like you can change the settings in Arduino to disable output of them. In older Arduino versions warnings  were disabled by default,  A developer could use these warnings to e.g. make his code more type save or gets informed about usage of deprecated functions.

Armin, DJ2AG

paul wegwert

Thank-You, Armin !!!
You were totally right. I changed the second "master" folder to "ubitx_v5.1_code" and opened the same file in that dir. NO ERRORS. There was also another folder inside the second master called "ubitx_v5.1_code" but it only had one file in it called "ubitx_v5.1_code".  I believe this was the one I was using and that's why the errors.

Thanks again.

,73's

Paul
KD9JYV

paul wegwert

BTY I am using the same software as Matt.

Paul

Jack, W8TEE

You'd be amazed how many times this has been a problem for users.

Jack, W8TEE