Topics

#ubitx #ubitx

Mike Short

I been unsuccessful loading KD8CEC software for the V5. I can’t figure out how to compile and upload the.hex files. I can upload .ino with no issues

Clark Martin

hex files are executable images, i.e. you don’t compile them, they’ve already been compiled and linked.  To download it to the arduino you need to use avrdude directly.

Something like:

avrdude -p atmega328p -c arduino -U flash:w:FILENAME.hex

Clark Martin
KK6ISP

On Dec 1, 2019, at 6:30 PM, Mike Short <ai4ns.mike.spam@...> wrote:

I been unsuccessful loading KD8CEC software for the V5. I can’t figure out how to compile and upload the.hex files. I can upload .ino with no issues
_._,_._,_

Evan Hand

Or you can download XLoader from here:

https://github.com/xinabox/xLoader/releases/tag/v1.339

This is what I used to flash the Nano.

73
Evan
AC9TU

Mike Short

How long should it take to upload?

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 20:34 Evan Hand <elhandjr@...> wrote:
Or you can download XLoader from here:

https://github.com/xinabox/xLoader/releases/tag/v1.339

This is what I used to flash the Nano.

73
Evan
AC9TU

Evan Hand

It has been awhile, but to the best of my memory it was less than 2 minutes.

73
Evan
AC9TU

Mike Short

Still no success. Also, ubitx_v5.1 won’t compile. Get si5351lbx_setfreq
was not declared in this scope at

si5351lbx_setfreq(0, usbCarrier)

Also had to comment out
checkCAT(); for the same not declared in this scope.

On Sun, Dec 8, 2019 at 11:38 Evan Hand <elhandjr@...> wrote:
It has been awhile, but to the best of my memory it was less than 2 minutes.

73
Evan
AC9TU

Jack, W8TEE

Do you have all of the source code files in the same directory?

Jack, W8TEE

--
Jack, W8TEE

Mike Short

Oops. Not all in same folder. Works now. Now I have no audio. It never ends.

On Sun, Dec 8, 2019 at 15:49 Jack, W8TEE via Groups.Io <jjpurdum=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Do you have all of the source code files in the same directory?

Jack, W8TEE

On Sunday, December 8, 2019, 4:44:33 PM EST, Mike Short <ai4ns.mike.spam@...> wrote:

Still no success. Also, ubitx_v5.1 won’t compile. Get si5351lbx_setfreq
was not declared in this scope at

si5351lbx_setfreq(0, usbCarrier)

Also had to comment out
checkCAT(); for the same not declared in this scope.

On Sun, Dec 8, 2019 at 11:38 Evan Hand <elhandjr@...> wrote:
It has been awhile, but to the best of my memory it was less than 2 minutes.

73
Evan
AC9TU

--
Jack, W8TEE

Dave Dixon

Hi guys,
                Still looking for a bitx 40 to play with.contact me dave g0ayd @gmail.com with price.

Mike Short

I am trying to build this v5 for a blind ham in KS. I have too much going on right now. Is there anyone that could align/troubleshoot  this so that I can get it to the guy? I will pay for parts/shipping, etc.

Mike AI4NS