Topics

tx rx led hook up

dgclifford@...

hi guys just fished uBITX v5 with india kits case with the extra boards,   working really well. I just need to know where to pick up connections for the tx rx led.  Well pleased with this kit it would be a great starter for anyone but the  building instructions need a complete revision."Confession" i only got one thing wrong volume control is vice-versa, but it adds an original touch .

Curt

They solder to bottom of the main board. The enclosure should have several papers describing this, or go to Sunil's website,  may be ubitx.com to locate where to solder the wires. I then touched the wires to the led to find the green side of it.

Curt

Russ KR0EHM

I just finished my kit today too, smoke test passed. I have the Mic port and a couple things waiting on my antenna, but I’m very happy with the radio as well as Sunil’s case. The LED is where I’m stuck though. Not only does it seem too big for the hole, I can’t find any instructions or pictures of where to connect it.

Curt

I see the info at ubitx.com run by Sunil. See the category 2 construction ubitx case. Click on the picture. It takes you to page with more pictures, one shows where 3 wires are soldered to bottom of board.

I had to open the mounting hole just a little with a reamer, but I left it with a tight fit.

Curt

Edward Reynolds

I used a round file and once the paint is gone inside the led hole it’s a tight fit, but no chance of it falling out.

Ed N7SNT

On Oct 12, 2019, at 7:15 PM, Curt via Groups.Io <wb8yyy@...> wrote:

I see the info at ubitx.com run by Sunil. See the category 2 construction ubitx case. Click on the picture. It takes you to page with more pictures, one shows where 3 wires are soldered to bottom of board.

I had to open the mounting hole just a little with a reamer, but I left it with a tight fit.

Curt

Russ KR0EHM

Thanks Ed and Curt, these are exactly what I needed. I don’t know what visual block did this but I was searching all over ubitx.net for instructions on the LED hookup and Curt’s comment made me realize I was on the wrong domain!

my Microphone and remaining antenna parts arrive tomorrow, it will be a fun day!