Topics

The SAGA is COMPLETE!

Dean Souleles

Martin -

The SSB and CW BFO settings are particular to your particular rig - if you are having problems receiving (Donald Duck  sounding SSB reception for example) you will need to calibrate the BFO, otherwise you don't need to do anything.

For you second question about the CEC firmware - already asked and answered in this thread.....

Here it is again...

For CW you should be aware that by default the CW transmit frequency is shifted from the displayed frequency by the frequency of the side tone,  so you may be transmitting 700-800Hz off the frequency displayed on user interface.  You can change that behaviour using CEC's UbitX Manager software.  The details are here: https://ubitx.net/2018/07/02/kd8cec-firmware-hint-cw-frequency-display/ -   here is the relevant part:
"
Update: Dr. Lee addressed this issue in the latest version of the software and Memory manager! If you select the boxes “Enabled Adjust CW Frequency” and “Shift Display Frequency on CWL, CWU Mode” and leave the “CW Freq Adjust Value” at zero (this adds to the CW offset or CW tone selected elsewhere), then the receiver will automatically shift up or down by the amount of the selected CW tone and appropriately for CWL and CWU such that the transmitter will be transmitting on the displayed frequency. " (from Vic WA4THR.)"

Cheers, have fun, 73 and good DX
Dean
KK4DAS

Martin Potter <ve3oat@...>

Hi, Dean,

Yes, I am aware of the need for settings specific to the actual crystal filters in each rig. I was wondering about the difference between the two settings that Dan used. (Thanks for the off-list reply, Dan.)

And I have read Vic WA4THR's comment carefully. But where can I download this "new" version of the Manager software?? I have v1.11 of KD2CEC's Manager and have a v5 uBITX. I think the new Manager version is 1.2 but I have not been able to find it to download. I assume you have it and know where to get it ...

Many thanks!
73,
... Martin VE3OAT

Dean Souleles

Hi Martin  -

The uBitx manager version is 1.11 - you have the latest.

The uBitX firmware is 1.2

All the links are on Ian lee's web site:

http://www.hamskey.com/2019/04/release-cec-firmware-v1200-for-ubitx.html

Here is what it should look like:

73,
Dean
KK4DAS

Martin Potter <ve3oat@...>

Hi, Dean,

Thank you for that definitive reply and the screen shot! A picture is certainly worth a thousand words.

Yes, I already had the latest KD8CEC firmware (v1.2) and his Manager (v1.11) for my v5 board. But you see, I have the stock 16x2 LCD and had always thought that the stock display was NOT an I2C device, so always ignored all the talk about I2C settings, etc. After seeing your screen shot, I thought dangerously that maybe I should try the I2C settings anyway. Well, you can guess the rest ...

My v5 uBITX now transmits, receives and displays the CW carrier frequency "properly", in both CW-U (my preference) and CW-L modes.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Dean. And I am much wiser for the experience. Thanks for that too!

Very 73,
... Martin VE3OAT

Dean Souleles

Hi Martin -

Glad you got it working.  The user interface to uBITX manager is a bit confusing - despite the big box that says I2C Scanner these settings have nothing to do with I2C.   I scrolled by it about 10 times before I found the CW adjust settings.  That's why I sent the screenshot.  A picture is worth 1000 dih-dahs.

73,
Dean
KK4DAS