Topics

Thank you Sunil!

Joe Puma

Just wanted to say thank you to Sunil for helping me while assembling my new case. These cases are awesome and really add to the fun and creativity of building the uBitx. I am still waiting for the 5” LCD but here are some images of my progress

Joe
KD2NFC

Olivier Grand

Hello Joe !
Nice job !
Can you please share the way you are wiring the mic amp board (resistors an wires).
Thanks
Olivier.

Le mer. 20 mars 2019 à 05:26, Joe Puma <kd2nfc@...> a écrit :
Just wanted to say thank you to Sunil for helping me while assembling my new case. These cases are awesome and really add to the fun and creativity of building the uBitx. I am still waiting for the  5” LCD but here are some images of my progress

Joe
KD2NFC

Joe Puma

Hi I followed this write up here for the SSM2167

I recommend using shielded cables and I was able to stick one leg of the pot to one of the output pin holes to mount the amp to the pot.

I grabbed 5v from the raduino voltage Reg. I also modded the amp so I can use the T/R line so it can shut the amp off when in receive.

I also removed R60 the biasing resistor to power the mic since it’s not needed anymore.

Joe
Kd2nfc

On Mar 20, 2019, at 3:28 AM, Olivier Grand <olilou1961@...> wrote:

Hello Joe !
Nice job !
Can you please share the way you are wiring the mic amp board (resistors an wires).
Thanks
Olivier.

Le mer. 20 mars 2019 à 05:26, Joe Puma <kd2nfc@...> a écrit :
Just wanted to say thank you to Sunil for helping me while assembling my new case. These cases are awesome and really add to the fun and creativity of building the uBitx. I am still waiting for the  5” LCD but here are some images of my progress

Joe
KD2NFC

Olivier Grand

Joe
Many thanks
Best Regards !
Olivier.

Le mer. 20 mars 2019 à 09:03, Joe Puma <kd2nfc@...> a écrit :
[...]

Laurence Oberman

Hi Joe,

Awesome job,
Which case is this one on Sunil's site
I have the older original one that was not for the Nextion so after
seeing yours going to upgrade.
Thanks
Laurence

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 3:28 AM Olivier Grand <@olilou62> wrote:

Hello Joe !
Nice job !
Can you please share the way you are wiring the mic amp board (resistors an wires).
Thanks
Olivier.

Le mer. 20 mars 2019 à 05:26, Joe Puma <kd2nfc@...> a écrit :

Just wanted to say thank you to Sunil for helping me while assembling my new case. These cases are awesome and really add to the fun and creativity of building the uBitx. I am still waiting for the 5” LCD but here are some images of my progress

Joe
KD2NFC

Joe Puma

Hi Oliver,

Here is a link to the case, it's currently sold out. Hopefully Sunil stocks some more, it's such a nice case. Kinda feels like you're building a Heathkit (not that I would know) minus the tubes.  :)

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 3:28 AM Olivier Grand <olilou1961@...> wrote:

Hello Joe !
Nice job !
Can you please share the way you are wiring the mic amp board (resistors an wires).
Thanks
Olivier.

Le mer. 20 mars 2019 à 05:26, Joe Puma <kd2nfc@...> a écrit :

Just wanted to say thank you to Sunil for helping me while assembling my new case. These cases are awesome and really add to the fun and creativity of building the uBitx. I am still waiting for the  5” LCD but here are some images of my progress

Joe
KD2NFC

Olivier Grand

Hi Joe ! I know the shop thanks for info but I found a simple metal box for 19€ incl.shipping on ebay, I'm now waiting for the fan, a better mike and connecting the mic compressor so the uBitix V5 will be fine. Thanks to my Dremel Tools, I think my job is not too bad (see attached).
The box the low right corner is a simple homebrew LW/MW converter.
Best regards !
Olivier

Le mer. 20 mars 2019 à 20:56, Joe Puma <kd2nfc@...> a écrit :
[...]

Oops I see my message should of been to Laurence.  But that’s a nice job on the build Oliver. I see you made have the S meter LM385 circuit in there. I just installed mine yesterday, works a charm.

Joe
KD2NFC

On Mar 21, 2019, at 4:40 AM, Olivier Grand <olilou1961@...> wrote:

[...]

<uBitx on MW.JPG>
<Vue Interne.JPG>

Olivier Grand

LM358 S-mètre
Olivier

Le jeu. 21 mars 2019 à 16:43, Joe Puma <kd2nfc@...> a écrit :
[...]

Bill Robbins

Joe:

I am finally getting around to building mine. Where did you purchase the lcd? Did you require A Bezel?

Bill. WA8CDU

On Mar 20, 2019, at 12:25 AM, Joe Puma <kd2nfc@...> wrote:

Just wanted to say thank you to Sunil for helping me while assembling my new case. These cases are awesome and really add to the fun and creativity of building the uBitx. I am still waiting for the 5” LCD but here are some images of my progress

Joe
KD2NFC

<image1.jpeg>
<image2.jpeg>