Topics

Thank you HF Signals

Alan de G1FXB

(I think Thomas from HF Signals is most active on the group recently (and Farhan! ))

Thank you,
I had a pleasant surprise on arrival home last night.

My order 24653 had arrived, Ordered 10th January and received 23rd in the UK
Looks like customers have given up on opening your shipments, all unopened and received the "official" blue stamp !

Thanks again for all you do for the community.

regards Alan

Ben Holmes

I'm jealous, I ordered 12/24, and am still waiting.

Patience, right?

Ben Holmes, K6QV

Gordon Gibby

I think I remembered they were taking a little holiday didn’t they say?

On Jan 24, 2020, at 12:03, Ben Holmes <judosandan@...> wrote:

I'm jealous, I ordered 12/24, and am still waiting.

Patience, right?

Ben Holmes, K6QV

Rene

Pfff ik wacht ook nog steeds,spannend om na 20 jaar geen weerstand meer hebben aangeraakt, weer te beginnen met de hobby. Moet van alles leren, arduino enzenz. Ook mijn N licentie gaan halen dit jaar. Druk druk druk

Ben Holmes

Woke up this morning to a strange beeping sound... I have a new phone, and figured someone had sent me a text... sure enough, that's what it was.

And it was the notification from DHL that my uBitx will be here next week.

Just in time... I'll be demoing it to the Ham Club in Feb.

Good things happen to those who wait, right?

Dennis Roth N3AZB

I ordered 12/23. So I was a little concerned when G1FXB reported that he had ordered Jan 10th and received on Jan 23rd. But he's in the UK and maybe he paid for rush shipment. Besides, I  was expecting an email
with tracking details after it was shipped. No such email from either hfsignals or DHL ever arrived. I was pleasantly surprised to find it sitting on the lowest step to my front door this morning. According to the waybill number, which I didn't have until the package arrived, it was deposited at 15:48 the previous day. Luckily we
did not have a heavy rain last night nor were we visited by porch bandits. No one noticed it until the mid-morning of the next day because we use the kitchen side door not the front door. and were not expecting any deliveries.

This is not a complaint, but I do have a suggestion. The courtesy of an email when an order is shipped would be appreciated. Even better if that email contained a tracking number so we could follow the shipment and anticipate its arrival.

The kit was well packed in the new plastic foam cut out shipping box and arrived undamaged. An inventory
of the contents against the listed bill of materials revealed no missing or broken parts. The only discrepancy
was that I only received only six extra M3 x 8 bolts instead of the eight listed, which is of no consequence since I can't possibly drop and lose that many of the screws. <g>

My plan is to put it together plain vanilla, stock, and get it working before modifying it with some improvements / enhancements I have in mind.

This is my first post to the group but not my last.

Wayne Leake

 I'll agree about assembling it and getting it working before doing any changes or mods. And check right after doing each mod/upgrade, and so on.
 The plastic boxes that my BITX40's came in sustained a bit of damage.
 But the parts did not.
 You are lucky that nobody saw your delivery.
 I got 3 tires delivered last year, but one was not to be found, and one was delivered at a neighbors house.
 The missing one was replaced.
 I still wonder if the UPS driver kept it and sold it.
 I used to have no problems with UPS deliveries, but that has changed.
 Hope to maybe hear you on the radio some day.
 Wayne WA2YNE

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020, 3:37 PM Dennis Roth N3AZB <droth@...> wrote:
[...]

Reed N

I was given tracking numbers for all of the packages that hfsignals has sent me, but the message came from PayPal's notifications, not from the shipping company or from hfsignals directly.

Reed

Gordon Gibby

Great news, and a good suggestion also

On Jan 29, 2020, at 16:37, Dennis Roth N3AZB <droth@...> wrote:

[...]

support@...

Hello Dennis,

Thanks for the update.
We agree with you that there should have been a mail intimation sent to you from HF Signals which wasn't the case as we learnt from you. However in order to quickly clear the backlog and keep up with the delivery schedules it might have been overlooked. We have taken your suggestions seriously and the team has already been instructed to intimate the concerned person about the dispatch details and that this needs to be religiously followed.

Coming to the aspect of receiving only 6Nos  M3 x 8 bolts, That is right. You were supposed to only receive 6 Nos extra and it has been printed wrongly in the Contents list sheet. This discrepancy would be corrected.  We are sorry for this error. We however thank you for bringing it to our notice.

Good luck on your build.

Regards,

Thomas
--
Support@...

I agree with Dennis on the packing it is much better than the v3 I ordered last year.
I also did not receive a  DHL shipping notice as I have on the past shipments.
I ordered my V6 basic kit  on Jan. 2 and received it on Jan. 31, not bad as they were on Holiday till  Jan 20th.
The waybill indicated it was sent on Jan 27th, not bad from halfway areound the world..
Looking forward to getting it up and running...

Jeff
WA1WXL