Topics

Suppliers are out of the Si5351a-b-gt

Jim Sheldon

If anyone has been considering getting one of TSW's Teensy 4.1 Raduino Clone kits (see www.w0eb.com), I have only enough Si5351a's to complete 15 kits.

My suppliers (Digi-Key and Mouser) are showing out of stock and they are not sure when they will be back in stock.  This goes along with the critical IC shortage from apparently all manufacturers at this time due to the COVID crisis.

Once the 15 kits have sold, the sales window will close until such time as the 5351a's are again available.  Our other kits that do not use the 5351 clock chip are still and will remain available though.

Jim, W0EB
TSW Project Coordinator

Dean Souleles

Chips are in short supply, but SI 5351 modules are still widely available in Amazon and eBay.

Dean
KK4DAS

Jim Sheldon

Yes, but they are already on PC boards.  We put the chips on OUR pc boards ourselves so those modules are not an option.

On Mar 1, 2021, at 11:55 AM, Dean Souleles <dsouleles@...> wrote:

Chips are in short supply, but SI 5351 modules are still widely available in Amazon and eBay.

Dean
KK4DAS

Max

I want to order one but didn't see a Buy / Order button.

Max KG4PID

On Monday, March 1, 2021, 11:02:13 AM CST, Jim Sheldon <w0eb@...> wrote:

If anyone has been considering getting one of TSW's Teensy 4.1 Raduino Clone kits (see www.w0eb.com), I have only enough Si5351a's to complete 15 kits.

My suppliers (Digi-Key and Mouser) are showing out of stock and they are not sure when they will be back in stock.  This goes along with the critical IC shortage from apparently all manufacturers at this time due to the COVID crisis.

Once the 15 kits have sold, the sales window will close until such time as the 5351a's are again available.  Our other kits that do not use the 5351 clock chip are still and will remain available though.

Jim, W0EB
TSW Project Coordinator

Jeremy L

You can desolder the si5351s from the modules. This is probably out of the question for you -- but I ordered a few for myself as another project I'm working on uses the si5351a-b-gt and I did that.
You can also use some of the other variants (si5351-a-b____-gt, some available at digikey), you just have to change the IC address (for the one I've used, b04486 I believe, it was 0x60 --> 0x62). Of course, I am dealing with less than 10, doing the desoldering process on any kind of scale would be a real pain. I use desolder wick and a wide tip, and usually, after desoldering one side, the chip slides right off after heating up the other side.

Jack, W8TEE

A hot air gun is even easier.

Jack, W8TEE

--