Topics

Stuck relay

KB2HSH

I have a V3 uBITX that was stuck in TX last night...until I opened the rig up and tapped on the relays to "correct" the problem temporarily. Does anyone know which relay is to blame, and what the replacement is for it? Until this, it had been perfect for more than a year and a half.

John KB2HSH

Gordon Gibby <ggibby@...>

Those relays are only rated for two amps @ a not very high voltage; Contacts will eventually wear out on any relay.

You can probably find a slightly beefier relay, use it instead, and add a transistor buffer for the relay coil current if required

On Aug 15, 2019, at 05:30, KB2HSH <john.marranca@...> wrote:

I have a V3 uBITX that was stuck in TX last night...until I opened the rig up and tapped on the relays to "correct" the problem temporarily. Does anyone know which relay is to blame, and what the replacement is for it? Until this, it had been perfect for more than a year and a half.

John KB2HSH

John Faivre

K1 is the Transmitt/Recieve relay. It was sticking in my v4
--
John Faivre WA9SGD