Topics

STM32F769-FT8-Transceiver

Charles Hill

Well I finally gotten the STM32F769-FT8-Transceiver project to a state worth releasing.

I have placed the files required for making the project on Github at this location: https://github.com/chillmf/STM32F769-FT8-Transceiver

I hope you enjoy the project.

Regards,

Charley

Erwin Serlé

Hi Charley, thanks for posting this.

I just wrote an article on the STM32F429 Development board as used by Alberto I2PHD for an ARM Radio for LW/MW. It is in the FUNKAMATEUR December 2019 issue. I had to use older versions of the Keil development setup as the original software is from 2015.

Do you expect a lot of issues (library changes etc) to be able to use your development on the board I have?
--
PE3ES - F4VTQ - Erwin
73

I'm putting one together from Charley's instructions.  I should have results soon..
Your mileage may vary,
Jim

Charles Hill

Erwin,

Thanks for the interest.

It will not be feasible to port the application to other boards than the F769.

Regards,

charley

My FT8 system is working, thanks to Charley's help!
There was a connection discrepancy in my wiring!
Now I have to mount everything into a functional case.
Photos later.
Your mileage may vary,
Jim

Art Olson

Charles

Begun the build process. I have downloaded all the info from github. Would
you mind sharing some pics of back of your build. The video shows the front
but I need a visual of the back side also

73

Art N2ajo

STM32F769-FT8-Transceiver project to a state worth releasing.

I have placed the files required for making the project on Github at this
location: <https://github.com/chillmf/STM32F769-FT8-Transceiver>
https://github.com/chillmf/STM32F769-FT8-Transceiver

I hope you enjoy the project.

Regards,

Charley

Art Olson

Charlie

Hello again. I finally got back on this project and am a bit puzzled as to
which board stack on the headers. I ordered the adafruit proto board and it
can be stacked with the nano or with the F769 board. However I can’t seem to
find a way to stack all three together – maybe its just me. I have your
latest release with the proto board showing the jumpers soldered. But
haven’t found anything that shows the boards stacked or the backside of the
f769 display. So my question is – which boards stack together?

73

Art N2AJO

STM32F769-FT8-Transceiver project to a state worth releasing.

I have placed the files required for making the project on Github at this
location: <https://github.com/chillmf/STM32F769-FT8-Transceiver>
https://github.com/chillmf/STM32F769-FT8-Transceiver

I hope you enjoy the project.

Regards,

Charley

Charles Hill

Art,

In my using the Arduino Prototype Board with the F769 Disco Board, the only "stacking" is a connection between the Arduino Prototype Board and the F769 Board. There is no "stacking" with a Nano board.

However, for interface with the Nano board located on the RS-HFIQ board, I used interconnecting cables between the 9 pin header shown on the right side of the Arduino Prototype Board and  connector  J2 on  the RS-HFIQ Board plus a power connection to the Nano on the RS-HFIQ Board.

Also, we have found that for recently produced RS-HFIQ Boards that powering its Nano via it's Vin pin at 7 volts causes problems with the boot up of the Nano. We have found that powering the Nano at 5 volts from the F769 Board solves this problem.

To do the RS-HFIQ   Nano power at 5 volts, connect pin 5 of CN11 (5 V output) on the F769 Board to the 5V pin on the Nano.

I have not yet had an opportunity to do an interface with an UBITX board but I am confident that a proper interface can be built from the information provided in the STM769_FT8_Tranceiver.pdf   document.

Regards,

Charley

Art Olson

Charley

Thanks for clearing up my confusion. Now to melt some more solder

73
Art N2AJO