Topics

Speaker connection on jack

Adrien F4IJA

On the drawing on the wiki, there is this mention :

Does this setup is running ? Even though it's written that "this method should be carefully researched and validated" ?

Thank you for your feedback, I plan to connect a speaker that way, and if connecting a headset shuts the speaker connection, it will save me a switch and some space on the front panel !

73's
Adrien F4IJA

Adrien F4IJA

Yes Adrien this wiring will work.

Skip Davis, NC9O
Sent from my iPad

_Dave_ K0MBT

I have hooked up the wires from the radio to the ring and tip of the socket and left the base float. That way the jack becomes insensitive and you can plug in stereo headphones and both sides work or an external speaker with a mono jack.

It is a good idea to solder the socket to a perf board and solder the wires to it. Will make the connection stronger. and have less stress on the socket.
Dave
k0mbt
http://veloliner.com/ham/k0mbtkey.pdf

Jim Willis

Hi Dave,

I did the same on my uBITX speaker jack. It works but it was difficult to solder, and the end result is not very pretty.

The PCB is a great idea.

73,

Jim KX4TD