Topics

sotabeams filter

dgclifford@...

Hi men I am contemplating fitting the Sotabeams filter to my ubtix  v5, Richard Newstead the owner of Sotabeams   recommends fitting the filter "further back  down the audio chain", any one fitted one of these and if so what do you recommend .  Many thanks   Dave C

HB9FIH

Hi Dave

not now finished with my uBITX but planned all the additional stuff....(for CW)

So I would build in like on schematic (I also have an AGC)

73 Erich

Curt

Well his point is that its better to filter out potentially big signals sooner in the chain. Also if the filter board does not provide an amplifier,  more so.

You can always try an audio filter in a few spots,  to see what works. Since its easier at the very end, try it out.

Curt

Jack, W8TEE

I have a SOTA Beams DSP Filter unit and it works very well.

Jack, W8TEE

--
Jack, W8TEE