Topics

Slowing down Tx to Rx

R. Tyson

Hi,
Any ideas welcomed. I have a V5 with CEC firmware and 2.8 inch Nextion display.
The set is working very well and providing contacts on 40 meters at the moment. I fitted a SOTA Beams CW filter and that is excellent.

Just one little issue...  I would like to slow down the changeover from Tx back to receive. In the firmware I can speed it up but can't see any way of slowing it down past the lower setting.  I only need it when using slow CW the rest of the time it is fine.

Can it be done ?  It would be nice to get the option of a longer delay time to stop the relay switching at slow speeds and I think that would prolong the life of the relay.

Reg                 G4NFR

Evan Hand

I have a 3.5" Nextion on my v5.  The configuration setting for the graphic setting of the TX to RX delay was removed to save memory due to the larger screen  It was there on my 2.4" v4.  Now to change the delay you have two choices:
1 - Go into the "Yellow Box" setup process by pressing the encoder, changing to "Setup On", pressing the encoder again and then go to the "CW TX->RX delay and adjust it there.  The value is in thousandths of seconds (1000 = 1 second).
2 - You can set the value using the "Memory Manager" software from KD8CEC.

There is also a slight interaction between the code speed and the timeout value.  The timer starts after a word delay based on the code speed set.

Hope this helps.
73
Evan
AC9TU

R. Tyson

Hi Evan,

Thanks for the reply. I had already tried to alter the settings as you suggested and that was done by entering the CW menu. The setting starts at zero and can be increased, what I am looking at is reducing the value below zero to slow down the relay activation.

I did wonder if it could be achieved using the "Memory Manager" but I haven't looked at that yet. It may be that it is only possible by changing a component on the board i.e. a resistor or capacitor but I haven't fathomed that out yet.

Thanks for the advice, it is working perfectly it's just my wish to slow down the transition from Tx back to Rx. I am probably looking at trying the impossible - getting a value below the nominal zero.

Reg              G4NFR

Evan Hand

Reg,

The value delays the change from transmitting back to receive. As I stated in the prior message, it is in milliseconds, so you would need to enter a value that is large to note a difference. Try 2000 for a 2-second delay.

I am not aware of a way to delay the start of transmission (from RX to TX) if that is what you want.  You could add it to the Nano program.

73
Evan
AC9TU

R. Tyson

Hi Evan,

Thanks again I will give that a try . It's the delay in going back from Tx to Rx that I am after altering. It's just to stop the relay changing when using very slow CW.

Reg,          G4NFR