Topics

Sidebands reversed after Memory Manager Used

Bill Meara

Thanks to all who offered advice on how to get my uBITX to display transmit frequency on CW.   I went to Memory Manger and changed the settings.  Unfortunately this seems to have seriously messed up my software.

I cleared the EEPROM, and loaded CEC version 1.20.  It looked good, but the sidebands were reversed -- I had to put 40 meters in USB to copy the sideband signals (which are on LSB).

I even tried to go back to 1.071.  But I have the same problem with the sidebands.  It is as if the BFO is being placed in the wrong spots.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?  It is not a hardware problem -- I had it working fine until I tried to make changes with Memory Manager.

Thanks 73  Bill N2CQR

Anthony Gomes

Bill, I had the same issue with SSB (LSB & USB getting inverted) with my scratch build. I don't like any software which does code changes magically, I like "Breaking the Magician's Code" maybe it just me. Don't get wrong the Memory Manager has it's own benefits, I would have taken a backup of the config before using the Memory Manager and doing any changes. I use the Memory manager to backup and restore my best tuned config and make another Arduino nano clone.

I think the best option will be to start with the CEC recommend factory reset and calibration process.

73
Anthony
VU3JVX