Topics

Save power supply voltage for uBitx V6

Eugen Sibler
 

Dear all
What is the save power supply voltage for the uBitx V6: 12 Volt or 13.6 Volt?
Thanks for your help
Eugen / HB9MDU

Dean Souleles
 

Hi Eugen,

It should work fine with either. I run mine off a 13.8V benchtop supply - along with the rest of my gear.  I have also used a 12V L-ion battery in the field.

73,

Dean
KK4DAS

Curt
 

Eugen

a commercial 13.8 volt supply should be fine - I was waiting for someone else to answer since I have a v4 -- but v6 should be same in this regard. 

the caution is to folk who try to make a power supply with a wall-wart - and get 18 volts instead of 12 or 14 volts into their receiver (and nearly 0 volts into their transmitter if the receiver survives!). 

enjoy your new rig - and I agree with your caution.  some folk insist on having a fuse in the path if they connect their uBITX to a 20-40 amp power source. 

73 curt
aka Curtis Eugene Milton wb8yyy

Arv Evans
 

Yes.



On Tue, Feb 18, 2020, 3:57 AM Eugen Sibler <efsibler@...> wrote:
Dear all
What is the save power supply voltage for the uBitx V6: 12 Volt or 13.6 Volt?
Thanks for your help
Eugen / HB9MDU

MVS Sarma
 

For those who use battery, even a full charged battery showing 13 V odd, will go down to 12 very soon in less than a minute.
As such 12V is preferred.
 The only advantage could be little more gain on the Linear output.
 but another components like LM386 and few rf transistors like bfw93 etc might work at the edge of limit.
Sarma vu3zmv


On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 10:43 PM Arv Evans <arvid.evans@...> wrote:
Yes.



On Tue, Feb 18, 2020, 3:57 AM Eugen Sibler <efsibler@...> wrote:
Dear all
What is the save power supply voltage for the uBitx V6: 12 Volt or 13.6 Volt?
Thanks for your help
Eugen / HB9MDU

Rene
 

I use 3x 18650 in serie with a 78h12....so 12volts and max 5A. Now  glued 2 battery paks together and have 6x 18650. I get the18650 from old bike battery's. At the moment i have 60 of them, so power enough😀😀

MVS Sarma
 

once the battery (3*3.7V)  12.8 or so on full charge , falls to 11V, how do you expect the 78H12 to regulate and deliver?
The Vin /Vout differential for 78H12 is 2.5 to 3V. Don't you feel a Low drop regulator is better, like LT1083adjutable with 7.5 amps deliverable load.   Voltage differential is hardly 1V.
sarma
 vu3zmv




On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 10:40 AM <rmvanb@...> wrote:
I use 3x 18650 in serie with a 78h12....so 12volts and max 5A. Now  glued 2 battery paks together and have 6x 18650. I get the18650 from old bike battery's. At the moment i have 60 of them, so power enough😀😀

Rene
 

Misschien wel maar ik gebruik ook banken net 4 batterijen en ik pak gewoon uit de bak wat ik heb en dus niet naar de winkel

Rene
 

En kleine kanttekening ... de 18650 geeft volgeladen 4,2 volt