Topics

S Meter Nextion 3.2

Steven

Hi all,
Thanks for all the help so far. My V5 uBitX now has the cec firmware, a nice case, working cw, a Nextion 3.2, and memory manager! This rig is great fun. There are several issues to fix but I'd first like to get the S meter working on the Nextion. I have checked the box in the memory manager, but still get a flat red line and a static S meter bar. What am I missing?

  Also, any chance there is a users guide out there?

Thanks!
Steven KM4WIP

Herman Scheper

Have the same problem with S meter not working on my 5” Nextion.

Herman vanaf z'n IPad.

Op 19 okt. 2019 om 17:25 heeft Steven <wera106@...> het volgende geschreven:

Hi all,
Thanks for all the help so far. My V5 uBitX now has the cec firmware, a nice case, working cw, a Nextion 3.2, and memory manager! This rig is great fun. There are several issues to fix but I'd first like to get the S meter working on the Nextion. I have checked the box in the memory manager, but still get a flat red line and a static S meter bar. What am I missing?

  Also, any chance there is a users guide out there?

Thanks!
Steven KM4WIP

Vic WA4THR

The S-meter requires an external circuit to supply the signal level information. There are several choices ranging from a simple diode detector all the way up to a more complicated second Arduino chip. Take a look at the KD8CEC website as he describes several easily wired circuits. I started with an LM386 amp and detector that connects between the volume pot and a spare Raduino input, and that worked very well. I later replaced that with the second Arduino to get some additional features.

=Vic=

Jerry Gaffke

Monitoring the control voltage of an added AGC circuit or the output of a logarithmic detector such as the AD8307
can give a useful S-meter indication.
A diode detector on the audio read by a 10 bit ADC will have severely limited dynamic range,
a max of 3 S-units assuming the logarithmic conversion is carried out in firmware.