Topics

S meter locking up

Maurice Bersan

I have just installed a nextion 2.8 screen to my ubitx v5 and I noticed when I tap the screen to select, the s meter shoots up to s8 and sticks there until I either reboot or speak loudly into the mike. I have tried both TFT files with and without s meter but still the same fault. No problems with the old 2 line display screen. I have the kit projects ALC board fitted which works fine with the 2 line display.
Any ideas folks?
Maurice
Vk6hly

Maurice Bersan

SOLVED
I just saw a post by a clever person who discovered a wiring error in the wiring diagram.
I am using one of those universal case kits by inkits with the extra front mounted circuit board for Ptt, audio and CW.
The volume high wire that goes to the volume pot is not the black wire, it's the brown one. The connections diagram appears to be incorrect. I have swapped the two wires and the problem is fixed. I think the post was on Facebook but I can't find it again, so whoever that clever person is, thankyou!
Maurice
Vk6hly

Philip

That clever person could been me.
I see that the latest drawing is still wrong, This error has a long history.

Philip G7JUR

Philip

Here is my posting from last year

The wire up drawing has an error regarding the volume control connections. It shows the orange wire as being Vol_high. And the yellow wire as being Vol_mid, going to the wiper.
The orange wire is in fact the Vol_mid, and should go to the wiper. And yellow to the hot end.
The pictures are correct.

Philip G7JUR

Justin Phillips K5AXL

Could this be why my audio amp squeels when I turn the preset pot more than 1/16th up from off?

On Mon, Nov 11, 2019, 5:39 PM Philip <philip.g7jur@...> wrote:
Here is my posting from last year

The wire up drawing has an error regarding the volume control connections. It shows the orange wire as being Vol_high. And the yellow wire as being Vol_mid, going to the wiper.
The orange wire is in fact the Vol_mid, and should go to the wiper. And yellow to the hot end.
The pictures are correct.

Philip G7JUR

Maurice Bersan

Well thanks Phillip, wiring it up correctly made a big difference to the ALC operation....
Cheers
Maurice

On 12 Nov 2019 7:15 a.m., Philip <philip.g7jur@...> wrote:
That clever person could been me.
I see that the latest drawing is still wrong, This error has a long history.

Philip G7JUR

Maurice Bersan

Yes, however the wire colour changed with the extra board.
Apologies for miss spelling your name on my earlier post.
Thanks again Philip.

Justin Phillips K5AXL

I'm confused, are you talking about the connection from the volume jack on the front panel board supplied by inkits? The brown and black wires are reversed?

Maurice Bersan

Yes, the brown wire is actually v high and black is v medium.

On 12 Nov 2019 10:15 a.m., Justin Phillips K5AXL <dolmdemon@...> wrote:
I'm confused, are you talking about the connection from the volume jack on the front panel board supplied by inkits? The brown and black wires are reversed?

howard winwood G4GPF

It caught me out too, audio not good, AGC not good so decided to trace wiring. What a difference it makes!!!!

G4GPF