Topics

Replacing firmware Ubitx V5 problems

Herman Scheper

Today connetced my Ubitx V5 with my pc. See in IO section that I am connected with com.3 and have a bau rate from 57600 Bd. Comport USB-serial ( com3) I want to upload Hex file  UbitX v5 CEC hex file.
I use Xloader , place hex file on the right place/ find not the device name as Meaga(ATMEGA 1280) or  Duremilanove/Nano(Atmega 328) but have a choise between CR03 or another ending on 01.
After giving command upload get message that 'he'is uploading but this will never end...……

What I did wrong??????   what i forgot…? What i can do to get it working again……

PA0BAB  ( someone in my neighbourhood…???? ) can help me...?

Gary Anderson

Herman,
Xloader is a GUI wrapper program around avrdude.  In the folder where you have installed Xloader, check that the "devices.txt" has the correct Nano listed as an option.

Use your favorite text editor, or from a command tool in that working directory >type devices.txt

Example:
c:\Arduino\XLoader>type devices.txt
Mega(ATMEGA1280);m1280;stk500;57600;
Duemilanove/Nano(ATmega328);m328p;stk500;57600;
Duemilanove/Nano(ATmega168);m168;stk500;19200;
Uno(ATmega328);m328p;stk500;115200;
Mega(ATMEGA2560);atmega2560;stk500v2;115200;

I'm just guessing the that Xloader package you downloaded wasn't set up for a Nano;
Which may also very well mean that the avrdude.conf file in that working directory is also not correct for your needs.

try this Xloader package that is set-up for Nano.
http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/download/XLoader.zip

Webpage for this:
http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/arduino-xloader

I've personally never used Xloader.

Regards,
Gary

Herman Scheper

Gary, many tnx for your light in the dark. I usedthe from hobbytronics.

I try to load the cec firmware with a size of the hex file from 85 kb.

The load stops after 30630 bytes uploaded. An that is all.

No new reboot; nothing more.   Switching off and on : no starting ubitx.

Now first find the original v5.1 hex file to bring it back to original.

First bringing back to original with 5.1 hex file..

But we will succeed one day!  Herman paobab

Herman vanaf z'n IPad.

Op 30 jul. 2019 om 19:01 heeft Gary Anderson <gary.ag5tx@...> het volgende geschreven:

[...]

"30630 bytes uploaded" OK!
30630 looks correct for "UBITXV5_CEC_V1.122_NX_S.hex"
:0A779C00732C207365742000220096  last ten (OA) bytes are loaded at address 0x779C
this is an intelHEX file, Not a binary file.  File size will not match bytes uploaded.

It is unclear where you are in uBITX modifications.  I did see that you own an enhanced Nextion.
I suggest starting with the factory LCD display installed and test that you can successfully upload the CEC firmware that matches the factory supplied display.
I believe it is UBITXV5_CEC_V1.122_16P (for a single 1604 display via the Parallel interface)

Regards,
Gary

Herman Scheper

Gary,

Tnx for this reaction. Now back home and i will give it this afternoon a try.

I did NO Ubitx modifications. I build it in a case bought from : https://amateurradiokits.in/ ( case for 5” screen )

First build it in this case, aligned it and it worked as promised.

After that I starting replacing the firmware.   I never used Arduino etc, so i hav a lack of knowledge.

But I will fix it sometimes.

I have a Prusa 3D printer and learned how to upgrade the firmware; so this will go also one of this days.

Many tnx for your helpfull answers.

Regards,  Herman

30630 looks correct for "UBITXV5_CEC_V1.122_NX_S.hex"
:0A779C00732C207365742000220096  last ten (OA) bytes are loaded at address 0x779C
this is an intelHEX file, Not a binary file.  File size will not match bytes uploaded.

It is unclear where you are in uBITX modifications.  I did see that you own an enhanced Nextion.
I suggest starting with the factory LCD display installed and test that you can successfully upload the CEC firmware that matches the factory supplied display.
I believe it is UBITXV5_CEC_V1.122_16P (for a single 1604 display via the Parallel interface)

Regards,
Gary

Herman Scheper

Gary,

I ive it a try and it works now agian.

Now find out ho to calibrate or is better first now connect Nextion 5 and change software again…??

herman